• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

145 vs 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate how the ERJ cabin wall bends under the seat and does not let me sit with my knees straight. Drives me insane, I need to sit with both feet on the floor for an old injury and no Bueno on taco rocket.

I hate how the ERJ cabin wall bends under the seat and does not let me sit with my knees straight. Drives me insane, I need to sit with both feet on the floor for an old injury and no Bueno on taco rocket.

CRJ is the same way.

I dislike how the CRJ cabin air enters along the base of the sidewalls. I avoid sitting in the window seat because when I do my feet, especially the one nearest the wall, gets so cold that it hurts.

Same reason for forty year-old Diesel 9's over here - companies bought them years ago, and they're paid for. BAE just happens to be the local flavor over in Europe.

They still use those in Europe, why not here any more?

Fuel burns of about 5000 pph flying at mach .72 only carrying 69 people. Oh and then there is the extra maintenance cost involved because of the extra engines. NWA got the Avros because at the time it was the only "RJ" they could get. The CRJ and ERJ were both heavily backlogged back then.

The Avro now that's a great rj cabin! They still do well in the Alps and small strips like London city airport. On short legs they do ok. I think some models had almost 90 seats.

I think lycoming built the engines for the Avro, how cool is that!

Latest resources

Back