Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

low-key

Get on the plane BA!
AWA pilot sentencing is LIVE right now... kinda making me sick though because I think these guys are going to burn.

What makes me sick is that there was no bail set before sentencing. The judge thought they might leave the country because they are pilots.

no bail for pilots...how in the heck are they going to leave the....nevermind, that judge is almost as big an idiot as those AWA guys.

No bail for pilots, low bail for sex offenders...rediculous.

This is so sad, but yet sums up the state of the country. Yes they're idiots. Isnt getting fired, losing licenses, and the embarassment enough? They should have gotten bail, some type of suspended sentence and mandatory counseling. These guys give us a bad name but I think in a way everyone of us has empathy for them and their families.

On a different legal note..

The only thing that ticks me off more is seeing enlisted people in the military being court martialed and given 10 plus year jail sentences for "possibly" "probably" just obeying orders and being assigned to the wrong place at the wrong time. Again these people arent the brightest, but isnt a dishonorable discharge enough?

The United States is really becoming a two class society....

low-key said:
General Jessop, DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT ORDER A CODE RED ON PRIVATE SANTIAGO.
Ummm, He was a Colonel, not a General

Entered in error

Last edited:
tired_pilot said:
This is so sad, but yet sums up the state of the country. Yes they're idiots. Isnt getting fired, losing licenses, and the embarassment enough? They should have gotten bail, some type of suspended sentence and mandatory counseling. These guys give us a bad name but I think in a way everyone of us has empathy for them and their families.

If this is what you think, then you are missing the boat. Hughes was in program after program and the Captain wasn't being a captain that fateful night. They both dropped the ball and deserve just punishment. 28 day programs and this guy is drinking on overnights. Come on - he deserves (they deserve) everything they get. I do agree that no bail stinks and is unrealistic. Just as unrealistic as showing up to work with a 0.84 BAC level.

Idiots!

Latest resources

Back