135 Written Exam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airmedplt

I know a written 135 exam is good for two yrs. Is there an exemption to the expiration of this exam if you are either employed by a 135 or 121 operator. If so can you show the reference for this.

Thanks,

Glenn

I refer you to 61.39b(1) which says:

(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this section, an applicant for an airline transport pilot certificate or an additional rating to an airline transport certificate may take the practical test for that certificate or rating with an expired knowledge test report, provided that the applicant:

(1) Is employed as a flight crewmember by a certificate holder under part 121, 125, or 135 of this chapter at the time of the practical test and has satisfactorily accomplished that operator's approved—

(i) Pilot in command aircraft qualification training program that is appropriate to the certificate and rating sought; and

(ii) Qualification training requirements appropriate to the certificate and rating sought; or

there is no written exam for 135!!

oh yes there is. you can either op to take the 135 or 121 version for the atp written. this option became available about 4 yrs ago. it all boils down to a atp rating after the checkride though. nothing to distinguish between 135 or 121 on the practical or on your ticket.

glenn

Latest resources

Back