135 VFR Pilot limitations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

W.S.C.O.D.

I recently met the 135 (VFR) Mins! (500tt, 100xc, 25 night)
Are there any restrictions placed on a pilot who meets these mins, other than to comply with the airspace appropraite VFR? (I.E. day/night flights, distance restrictions, ...)

Also any legit ops that fly 135 VFR?
How pratical is this?
Any other important applicable info?

Thanks!!

W.S.C.O.D. said:
Also any legit ops that fly 135 VFR?

I think the only places you'll find that will do VFR 135 are the air tour operators....such as the Grand Canyon operators(search for info on operators 61B, LAS, VGT, and GCN) and Hawaii operators. Also, look into Ameriflight and see if they're hiring low timers. They have in the past(500TT), but I don't know if they do now.

Singlecoil said:
Also, in Alaska there is a lot of scheduled single-engine VFR 135 work. Pax and Cargo.

Good point. I didn't even think of that. Is that stuff year round, or mostly seasonal?

Im instructing at a small school, the owner/ other cfi wants to put our twin (sceneca) on a single pilot 135 cert. then when I meet the "real" 135 mins add me to the cert. Is is possible/praticle for me (with 500tt)to be the pilot on the cert and not him?

Thanks for the input!!

How many trips do you think you'll fly that are VFR only?

The amount of paperwork and documentation more or less is multiplied by about 100 when you go from single pilot to multiple pilots.

Good luck, it'd be a lot easier for you to just keep teaching and flying the empty legs under pt91 in the Seneca until you have IFR mins, then going to work somewhere that's already operating as a pt 135 carrier.

None of us made it into aviation for wanting to do things the easy way though.

FracCapt said:
Good point. I didn't even think of that. Is that stuff year round, or mostly seasonal?

365 days a year. Summer is the fog and bug season. Winter is the wing cover, engine blanket, plug in the plane, and clear sky season (except for those pesky blizzards)

mattpilot said:
names & web links please :)

You can check out all the operators in the US by going to -

www.raa.org

And clicking on "Airline Directory". Then I just use Find (Ctl + F) and type in the state I'm looking for (i.e. AK).

It's circa 2002, but better than paying for the info...

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back