• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 Single Pilot turbine ops ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many of my friends and I were flying King Airs single pilot in SoCal. There were several operators doing it in Citations as well.

Most 135 operators I know fly the Citation single-pilot, when equipped.

King Air's are the best example as everyone previously has stated as well.

What kind of insurance are you guys carrying?? I understand single pilot in a King Air/Citation under 91, but I can't even get my insurance company to let me fly a Baron single-pilot under 135.

Last edited:
We fly the BE-20 with 2 pilots 135 to keep the insurance at $43,000/yr - $2 mil hull/$50 mil Liability- full coverage. It's the owner's preference as well. This is a single ship company and our own certificate. What are others seeing for insurance? Over the last 3 yrs, our insurance underwriters have flat out said no single-pilot 135 and are even preferring it on 91 flights (with stated minimums for co-pilots). Haven't had a real need yet, but we may start holding their feet to the fire if we can't get them to relax these requirements.

Insurance

[QUOTE Over the last 3 yrs, our insurance underwriters have flat out said no single-pilot 135 .[/QUOTE]

Be interesting to see what happens when the Eclipse jet, Pogo, et al. start up as 135. A second pilot would realy restrict the payload on those a/c. Which would be worse, reduced revenue payload or wicked high insurance?

My boss wants us to always fly the Pilatus PC-12 with two pilots for safety (Part 91 ops). I'm not sure he gets an insurance break but I can understand how many insurance companies require it for lower rates.

My question: can I log SIC time when I sit right seat? I usually do the navigation and radio duties. But since it is technically a single pilot aircraft, will the FAA count the SIC time?

My question: can I log SIC time when I sit right seat? I usually do the navigation and radio duties. But since it is technically a single pilot aircraft, will the FAA count the SIC time?
Run Fooooorest! Ruuuuuuuuuun!

(see my question about part 91 King Air SIC in the Regs forum)

Minh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back