135 Schedules?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acroflyr

Just wondering what types of schedules are out there for 135 companies and how they work? Any and all information would be appriciated. Thanks!

Schedule? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait, did you mean do you have a schedule? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaahahahahahahahahaha

We are on call on days that end with a "y", but as of today (19th) I've only actually worked 17 days. So far this month I've eaten dinner with my family 5 times and got up after sunrise a similar number of days.

Livin' the dream, baby, livin' the dream...

I fly with a lot of 135 guys. Here is a sampling:

Days off? Yeah right.

30 on / 0 off

11 on / 4 off

5 on / 2 off and we schedule a month in advance

7 on / 7 off / 7 reserve

What's a day off?

im 135/91 our schedule is 5 on and 2 off. But they typically call you also on your days off and "ask" you to work. But you better say "yes" to them when they request it or else you'll get the poopy end of the stick for the rest of the month.

acroflyr said:
Just wondering what types of schedules are out there for 135 companies and how they work? Any and all information would be appriciated. Thanks!

Said company gives you a cell phone and requires you to have it turned on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They say they will give you the FAR required 13 days off a quarter, but when it comes down to it, your days off are the ones when they didn't call you out. So, you are not on duty per say, but you aren't in rest, either. Just plan on the company owning you while you work there.

Just my experience with a charter operator. I'd recommend finding a good part 91 gig instead.

Don't mean to rub it in but...

Our schedule is 5 hard days off, and 5 soft days off a month. The soft days can be moved if there is a scheduled trip, but you don't have to answer your phone on the soft days if the company calls(really!!). On our days on, we are on from 0600 till 2000, 14hrs standby. We have a 4 hour call out for domestic flights and 6 hours for international, very rarely we do have pop-ups (2-3 a month). In that case, you get there when you can, (usually in an hour or so). We know about most of our trips 2+ days in advance, or at least the night before. Our POI and the company feels that the correct interp. of the reg. is that if you are available by cell or pager, you are ON DUTY!! No if, ands, or buts about it!! I fly a G-IV and have been on line since March 30th. I've only spent ONE, three day trip away from home!!!! I know the sitaution is very rare for a G-IV, and in fact I am looking forward to longer trips. And, yes we are busy flying. I would guess that we are averaging about 75 hours a month on the a/c, spread out with 6 crew members. Mainly, it is a priority to get the crews back home. The company realizes that if the crew is happy, that spreads to the customers and we generate more business. I don't know how 135 operators are getting away with the "look back" off times, when you were available but they did not call you!! Bet if you bend metal, the FAA will have your a$$ with that kind of logic, especially if you are fatigued. I know that a lot of operators use the "look back" technique, but I really don't know how the POI's let them get away with it. Just realize that there are good 135 operators out there if you know where to look.

WoW Airwolf, that sounds like an awesome company! One of the very few 135 ops that are actually legit when it comes to crew scheduling. Awesome! Good for you!

BTW... whats the name of that company? Id like to send em a resume!

Latest resources

Back