135 PIC or 121 SIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wanderlust

What would you do? I've currently got about 750 hours part 121 turbine SIC, and about 1100 hours total time. I'm looking at new jobs, and I've got the option between turbine 121 or 135 SIC jobs or one that'll give me PIC time in an Islander. I'm leaning toward the latter.

If an Islander is not turbine, then you are better off with the former. If it is turbine, then definately the latter is best. Sorry, I guess I don't know my aircraft good enough.

Last edited:
PIC is PIC is PIC

Except airTran, where 121 PIC is PIC.

Many majors currently don't require PIC, but that doesn't mean it'll always be that way. The others (AS FX WN ...) still want it.

Several stories on different threads about guys with no PIC either stuck, or drifting from airline to airline trying to score some PIC.

I agree PIC is PIC, but your best bet is to stay at your current 121 job and upgrade to get the "121 Multi Turbine PIC"

I'm one of those drifters, one of the last poster has talked about. I have over 1200 turbine but not pic turbine. I'm at a 135 job that provides good time off and I have a wife with a child on the way. It is a very bad place to be. Don't drift, get the PIC Turbine at all costs. It is the final piece to the puzzle and it's probably the toughest to get. Good luck!

BTW I'd take the 121 turbine time if it's available because you'd probably gain the time quicker anyway. Part 135 has a feast or famine quality to it and it could take years to get to check all the boxes.

CM

Latest resources

Back