• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

135 Operators, how do you do it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have a $35/day per-diem, we expense all tips, and have a $30/mo. cell phone reimbursement program. We are salaried, our SICs make upper $30s and PICs are low to mid-$50s flying a Citation in the midwest.

Could you explain the "expense all tips". Thanks...

Also, i hate to lower the average but...Lear 25, 35, 55, 135 operator. 1.50 per diem from block out to block in. No cell phone reimbursement for anyone, SIC start pay is mid twentys, Capt. start pay is mid thirtys. Bid 6 hard days off, they own you the rest of the time. I know ill get flamed for working for so little, but i need jet time and they were the only ones that returned the call. Ohh tips can be very high some months, over a grand, and then the next month you might not get one so...

We expense all tips we give away, not receive. Anything we give to hotel van drivers, line guys, handlers, etc. we put on an expense report and get back. We are fair with tips, we don't go overboard and the company reimburses us for that.

We expense all tips we give away, not receive. Anything we give to hotel van drivers, line guys, handlers, etc. we put on an expense report and get back. We are fair with tips, we don't go overboard and the company reimburses us for that.

Ok, thanks for the reply, i was thinking the receiving end of tips from customers. So do you guys tip the line guys on a regular basis. The only tipping i have ever done has been with help from an over achieving line guy that helps on the rare occasion that we need lav service away from home.

Perdiem at 3.75 a hour up to 14 hours a day = 52.50. 30 bucks a month for cell phone. F/O start mid 30s and Capt. Mid 50s. Thats on citations in the midwest

When did you leave FLOPS

Hey shegavemeclap, when did ya leave FLOPS? I left 2 yrs ago and just recently quit flying for good given the terrible QOL on the 135 side of the house.

Northeast operator. $3.13/hr domestic, $4.00/hr international. That's paid from start of duty on first day to end of duty last day(ala airlines). adds up to $75.12/day dom., $96.00/day Int.. $30/month cell phone. Tips to ground folks reimbursed. Rental car, decent hotels(usually Marriott or Hilton) $400 a year uniform allowance.

Starting pay is low 50s for the light jets(Lear, Hawker), 70k-75k for the heavys(Gulfstream, Legacy, Global)

4 hard days off a month, average 15-17 work days a month.

All in all, very reasonable

We are a small southeastern US based light twin operator. As PIC, I make in the low $50's on salary, but I do a lot more than fly for that money. I do marketing, web design sales, etc.

Our company treats us like we are partners, and therefore we have no limits on food purchased, hotels chosen, tips given, etc. 75% of my cell phone bill is covered, and that is because the owner told me too submit what I thought was fair.

I have never had an expense questioned, but I work like crazy to keep expenses in line, because the company has proven to me through raises and bonuses that it is my company too. The owner understands that 95% of contact with the customers happens through the pilots, and he knows that we will treat them the way that we have been treated.

Latest resources

Back