135 jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fr8DoggyStyle

As a 135 pilot who feels lucky to have a job in todays world, I was wondering if anyone has any positive info on jumpseating? I have been having ok luck with Mesa, but i havent tried anyone else since 91101.

thanks

I've jumped Airtran a couple of times with no problem. The downside is our company requires you to wear the monkey suit when we jump 121 carriers. Which means if I do get stuck somewhere unplanned, my jeans and t-shirt disqualify me from doing so.

We (Airnet) give almost anyone a ride. All 121 pilots and most 135 operators. They like to have the "nice guy" persona in the business, which works for me since I get to meet guys/gals from different companies.

MESABA Great bunch of people..I jump with them every chance I get!! Northwest mainline, same thing WONDERFUL people!

Mesa, Piedmont, ASA, Pinicale, all great people...nothing but really good experiences..

Good Luck..

jet blue, spirit and ATA

i went to jet blue and got listed stand by a few days in advance on a trip; san juan to JFK to oakland and return. they gave me a print out with a confirmation code. i couldn't believe it. it is still standby.

business attire. if you have to spend a night at JFK, go to terminal four and try to sleep.

Thanks for the info,

I just jumped on Mesa 2 times again in the last 4 days and had good luck.

As far as jeans and a t-shirt go, I would say this is disqualifying no matter who you are. Many companies still require uniform or shirt and tie. Many of the majors have gone to relaxed business casual...ie, polo shirt or something with a collar. If you dont present yourself as a professional you are just giving them a reason to decline you. Most airlines have a dress code for non-rev employees(especially in business and first) and there is always some disgruntled gate agent who just cant wait to let you know you are not in proper attire.

Latest resources

Back