135 Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jump Pilot

I've got a couple of interviews with 135 operators coming up. Anybody want to share their interview experiences?

Depends on the company. If it is a large company they will probably have a standard, formal interview. If it is a small company, it will probably be an informal sit-down chit-chat.

The company I 135'ed with, it was a small company. The guy told me to come in and we will talk, and fly the plane. We did just that.

ive had a few 135 interviews. Its not much different than the 91. For the most part, the only diference is that they asked a few reg questions and how that they differed from 91.

The big thing to keep in mind w most of these interviews ive found is that a lot of these operators are mostly just trying to match a name on the resume to a face. Pretty easy going atmosphere and make it relaxed.

My 135 interview was a trip with the owner from El Paso to Miami to Honduras and back. I was offered a job somewhere over the gulf of mexico between Campeche, MX and Brownsville, Tx. Ahh, good times.

Wow, these all seem really different. My 135 interview was informal, although I treated it formally (suit and ti, etc). The D.O. basically told me about the company, it's growth plans, and the beeper issue. He photo copied my licence, medical, and a few logbook pages. "Never a question was asked".

I'm still at the same company 9 years later, and for the most part happy about it.

The last 135 interview I went to included some chit-chat and a couple of "what would you do" questions. I was also surprised by a distance to descend question. If you haven't done that math in your head in a while it would be good to review - just in case.

good luck

Latest resources

Back