135 Checkride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinlow67

Finally got the break I was looking for and got a job flying night freight. I know, I know.....it sure beats the hell out of pattern work on a 95 degree day though!

My question is this....what is the procedure for the checkride? It is like a commercial multi-ride, instrument ride, or something else? The aircraft is an Aztec and the outfit I have the ride with is big on systems, so I am covering that well.

Any tips appreciated. See ya at night.

Info

First of all congrats on the new job. Here is some info that might be of use to you. I would suggest looking at 135.293, 135.297, and 135.299.

For the 135.293 portion, generally this is done during your inital training in the form of ground school. The 135.297 portion is going to be like your commerical multi instrument checkride. The 135.299 check is a line check which is nothing more then flying from point A to B.

Hope it helps!

Atp Pts

The ATP PTS is the guide for the PC 135.293/297 ride, look at it also

ya the ride really isnt anything of a big deal really. I always felt the hardest part of any checkride was the oral. There is a multitude of available questions they can possible ask. Our POI was always big in 135 regs, performance, weight and balance, and very little in the systems aspect. Keep in mind, most of these POI's dont have any time in that type so they generally stay away from asking aircraft type specific questions. Now if you hapen to be going on a ride in a type the inspector knows quite well, dont try to bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** him. Just give him what ya know and hope its what he's looking for.

Good luck
Mav

Thanks guys. I think I have a pretty good handle on the ride and the oral. The company gave me some good study material for the aircraft and for the oral, so I am sure I will do fine.

I will post again and let everyone know how it went.

Also...

If you have an ATP, you must conduct yourself to ATP standards.

If you have a Commercial, you must conduct yourself to Commercial standards.

Good, luck, congrats.

100-1/2

Thanks for all the information. I took my ride yesterday and passed. The ride was about an hour and a half with lots of single engine stuff and holding patterns. The oral was pretty easy since I have flown the type before (Aztruck).

So stay off the sidewalks, there's a new freight dog in the air!

Thanks for the help.

congrats

If you don't mind saying, who do you work for and where?

supsup

I work for Storm Flying Service out of Iowa. I run from CMI to IND every night. Storm is a small FBO that does quite a bit of 135 work for their size. Good people and good planes.

Congrats! I learned to fly there.

Latest resources

Back