Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you want to?

What he said, twice ...

If the 135 operation requires the PIC to have an ATP, the ATP can instruct in air transport service and he wouldn't count that as CFI time.

TM

Part of your job as a Captain is to mentor First Officers to be effective Captains (not necessarily instruct). If you are a Check Airman... It could be a different story. Then you could log it as "given".

This came up last week @ work. Guy I was flying with said when he's PIC he always logs that as "dual given." Said that gave him just over 5,000 hours as a CFI...

Seemed a little out there to me.

He also said he read years ago that about 10% of your total flight time should be actual IMC. Said he always logs it that way no matter the wx...

Crazy.

crjdude

I can't be bothered to look it up but I'm pretty sure the FAA has issued some legal opinions that came down hard on this practice. Besides the legal issues, any employer looking at your logbooks would be disgusted. You are certainly doing more harm than good to yourself by logging flights this way.

I can't be bothered to look it up but I'm pretty sure the FAA has issued some legal opinions that came down hard on this practice. Besides the legal issues, any employer looking at your logbooks would be disgusted. You are certainly doing more harm than good to yourself by logging flights this way.

When you are interviewing for most good aviation jobs you don't want to be outside the box.This is way outside.......

i think you should keep doing it....in fact, stand out at the airport and log time from other planes that take-off.

there are too many pilots in the industry, you need to thin the herd.

Latest resources

Back