135/91 Reserve???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uncle

I work for a 135/91 "on-demand" operation. We are currently reviewing our reserve window. I would appreciate input from those who are currently flying for a 135/91 operation.

1. Do you have any type of reserve system?

2. If so, what time frame is your window (ie. 14hrs 6am-8pm, 24hrs midnt-midnt, etc)?

Thanks for your input.

I work for a 135/91 "on-demand" operation. We are currently reviewing our reserve window. I would appreciate input from those who are currently flying for a 135/91 operation.

1. Do you have any type of reserve system?

2. If so, what time frame is your window (ie. 14hrs 6am-8pm, 24hrs midnt-midnt, etc)?

Thanks for your input.

well 24hrs midnt-midnt wont work....since 14 hours is the max duty day.

when i used to fly charter our reserve was "you off until we call you".....

so whatever you do, do the industry a favor.

Part 135?..........Reserve?
It's more like "We Reserve the Right to call you when ever we want, And you will be available!!

Well, that will depend on your needs. Do you have a lot of pop-ups? If so, I would overlap 3 crews. 6 to 18, 12 to 24, 24 to 12. This way, you will always have a fresh crew available to fly most of a duty day. You might be able to skip the 24 to 12 time if you do passenger only flights.

If you do more scheduled stuff and just need a back-up crew I'd be more inclined to have the back-up crew on a floating reserve schedule that fits your needs.

brokeflyer,

I appreciate your input. 14hrs is the limit when you report for duty. On reserve, we don't report for duty, but are to be "legal and available" for a flight during the reserve timeframe. I'm just trying to see how other similar operators schedule crews.

brokeflyer,

I appreciate your input. 14hrs is the limit when you report for duty. On reserve, we don't report for duty, but are to be "legal and available" for a flight during the reserve timeframe. I'm just trying to see how other similar operators schedule crews.

...unfortunatley, that is the norm. once we do a flight, we are on the hook for 14 hours. once we are released, we shut the phones off for the next 10 hours. once that is over, phone is turned back on and we are essentially on "reserve" until the phone rings...crappy, i know :rolleyes:

This is something about the 135 regs that has needed to change for a LONG time, but probably won't because of all the opposition from crummy ass operators that scream about going out of business because of it.

/sigh....

Hi!

The way the FARs are written, -121 supplemental is the same way: there is NO requirement for a crew to have rest before they fly, unlike -121 domestic.

-121 supplemental you just need rest after you fly.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back