131st FW to Whiteman AFB?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pkober

The media is reporting, as is the 131st website, that they will associate with the B-2's @ Whiteman. It's not clear if this will be ops and mx, or just mx. Hopefully its both. It would be nice to see them keep flying and stop the ANG blood bath from the BARC. Any help?

CLAMBAKE

It will be both ops and mx, at least that's the word right now. Still waiting on how all the logistics will work out for it all, time frame, etc...

When I read the article in the Post-Dispatch (take that for what it's worth), it sounded like the personell were going to Whiteman, and the planes were going somewhere else. It further sounded like they were going to fly B-52's. Any sense here? Are they going to re-train the entire squadron?

I don't know exactly how they are going to be working it and I am not so sure that anyone really knows yet either. I do know the F-15's are going away in a few years and the unit will be attached to Whiteman flying B-2's, not B-52's. They will not have any of their own planes and will just use the active duty ones. They will be an associate unit, similar to the way the Guard does stuff in the JSTARS. As far as retraining personnel...time will tell.

I think the JSTARS are GAANG airplanes with the active duty associated with the ANG.

Does anyone know whats going on with the PA ANG 111th FW at Willow Grove? I see the BRAC has them giving their A-10's away (to CT/MA and MI and the boneyard), however the state says they are going to stay. Are they going to stay without any aircraft? The Navy says Willow grove is closing also.

Is Coma back at the unit? I though he went out to fly F-16s in AZ.

What about ACY in NJ? Are they getting/switching to F-15's? It looks as though thats what the Brac info says, however someone local told me they are now keeping the F-16's.

I stand corrected with the GA ANG. Thanks. I thought those were active duty planes. Then it would be the reverse at Whiteman. Active duty planes flown by Guard guys.

I think the BRAC commission overturned the NJ decision and am pretty sure they're keeping Vipers.
St Louis is losing Eagles to Great Falls and moving to Whiteman to associate with AD B-2's.

There's a Coma flying out here at Luke, not sure if it's the same one though.

Latest resources

Back