• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US Airways and United are hiring in 2012

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Hey stop that, this is FI we do not deal in reality here

Hey stop that, this is FI we do not deal in reality here

yeah, here's a dose of reality for you... if their hiring numbers are anything like Hawaiians'... we interviewed some 120 for each 10 spots... that's far from a shortage.. I am sure it will be a bit better in the next few years, but shortage? far from it..

Back to the good stuff. How long on the geezer meter again. I'm going to have a new batch of old b@lls on the list in about a year.

R
a
i
d

yeah, here's a dose of reality for you... if their hiring numbers are anything like Hawaiians'... we interviewed some 120 for each 10 spots... that's far from a shortage.. I am sure it will be a bit better in the next few years, but shortage? far from it..
We do not have a pilot shortage, Avbug established that before he gave up the FI fight. But we do have the start of a hiring boom, it will grow and by 2015 HA will hiring 10 of the 20 they interviewed, and some will not have college degrees because the only thing that will count will be TJ PIC. Just like 1969 DAL was hiring without a college degree. All this could it a guess, but much like the stock market we act upon our guesses from the best information available.

We do not have a pilot shortage, Avbug established that before he gave up the FI fight. But we do have the start of a hiring boom, it will grow and by 2015 HA will hiring 10 of the 20 they interviewed, and some will not have college degrees because the only thing that will count will be TJ PIC. Just like 1969 DAL was hiring without a college degree. All this could it a guess, but much like the stock market we act upon our guesses from the best information available.

A College degree will be required to get hired at any of the majors in the next 10 years. thinking otherwise is foolish. Take YIPs advice with great caution. You could find yourself burned in a big way if you think you are going to skip college and get hired with a GED.

Our permanent bid sheet at USAir shows ~105 hired and arrived on the line in last 12 Month. Projects 120 more on the line by Mar '13. No shortage of apps yet.

Latest resources

Back