• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the posters wanting the over 60 guys to get out of their seat. What if we made mandatory retirement at 50, how would that work? Thats what I thought, it would affect your lifetime income expectations, not someone elses. Yes, they changed the rules but it wasn't in your favor. Get over it. Life goes on. I retired at 60 but don't think the junior pilots should expect senior captains to retire so they can have their job.

for the posters wanting the over 60 guys to get out of their seat. What if we made mandatory retirement at 50, how would that work? Thats what i thought, it would affect your lifetime income expectations, not someone elses. Yes, they changed the rules but it wasn't in your favor. Get over it. Life goes on. I retired at 60 but don't think the junior pilots should expect senior captains to retire so they can have their job.

1051!!!!!!!!!!!

For the posters wanting the over 60 guys to get out of their seat. What if we made mandatory retirement at 50, how would that work? Thats what I thought, it would affect your lifetime income expectations, not someone elses. Yes, they changed the rules but it wasn't in your favor. Get over it. Life goes on. I retired at 60 but don't think the junior pilots should expect senior captains to retire so they can have their job.

But it was OK for the (now) senior guys to move up due to retirements up until 2 yrs ago?

Nice try.
Ten Fittttty One

Just like WB said.......^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Son, If you think I WANT to work till 65, or even 60 you're crazy! I'd be more than happy to bail right now and spend the quality years with my family.

I enjoy what I do and who I do it for but don't forget - it's a job.

Gup

Originally Posted by bubbers44

This is why you gotta love the GEEZER METER!!!! it makes the geezers so open about how they really feel!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back