• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut - best not to use trigger words around people who are overly sensitive. They see offense in everything.

Not overly sensitive at all--just tired of the sort of stuff that is obviously intended as offense. You know like your crap. Tell you what, Sim... if you stop posting anti-SWA stuff that is obviously inflammatory lies, then people will probably stop making posts pointing out that you're an inflammatory liar. Deal?

Bubba

I don't really have to wonder what our FOs would think about an incremental bump to top FO pay (in place of retirement progression), because I was an FO then. I think it makes a mockery of what we all do this job for. And keep in mind, top FO job is a vastly different thing here than SWA. Widebody FO can fly or IRO and the QOL of those schedules are incredible. Your FOs ride along and play fartcatcher to a bunch of cake eaters who gamed retirement age. I can't imagine how bad that would suck!!

I think it's a good thing that swapa is making retirement an important issue and not trying to raise the age again. I hope it works and I think you'll find that even a seemingly small number of immediate retirements makes a big difference.

This is what I was talking about, Flop.

You seem to think that Southwest was some sort of leader in getting the age limit raised, conspiring against you and the rest of the industry. The fact of the matter is, that most unions and companies were officially in favor of it. SWAPA took a survey of its members, and they voted 52-48% in favor of raising the age limit. Therefore, SWAPA's official position was in favor. ALPA's official position (as was APA's, by the way) was the same. At least one person on FI has posted that ALPA's survey showed a slight majority of pilots opposed to raising it, but ALPA National made its position in favor regardless. I don't know if that part is true or not (I'm not privy to ALPA's records, and it could just be the bitching of a individual mad pilot), but officially, ALPA had the same official stance as SWAPA.

The bottom line is that industry-wide, the results were the same. The unions were all officially in favor of raising the age limit, while pilots were generally split down the middle, presumably with a slight advantage to the ones who were in favor. Trust me, there's just as many pilots at Southwest as there were at Continental, who were unhappy with the result. But you seem to think that we were all in favor (your bolded comment above makes it clear that you think that, despite the facts). Trust me, we were not.

Bubba

Actually, that wasn't really ALPA's official position (although it was Prater's unofficial position). The official position was that ALPA was opposed to the age change, but "if the age change was inevitable," ALPA was authorized to support the legislation in order to get changes made to it to make the age change less onerous.

I'll agree with you that ALPA was largely to blame for the ultimate result, because ALPA was always the big road block to changing it. Prater coming in and not supporting the old policy was fatal to the Age 60 rule. But you should also be honest and admit that SWAPA was always out in front on supporting the age change, and APAAD's leaders were SWAPA pilots.

Not overly sensitive at all--just tired of the sort of stuff that is obviously intended as offense. You know like your crap. Tell you what, Sim... if you stop posting anti-SWA stuff that is obviously inflammatory lies, then people will probably stop making posts pointing out that you're an inflammatory liar. Deal?

Bubba

Listen, you emotionally incontinent little sissy:

Go see if I have a history of dogging on SWA. I don't.

That is your own incredible oversensitivity talking. Try not to post when your hands are quaking with rage.

M-kay?

And btw why is the collective SWA ego so frail? I don't bash SWA on all things. I'm not posting on the SWA meltdown thread, nor will I (even though that leprechaun Tankerhead calls me out) I don't take any pleasure in reading that sort of thing. I don't like age 65 and I don't like SWA airport BS.

You are one funky monkey. I just browsed the aforementioned thread and found nothing of the sort. I'd stay and expound on how crazy you are, but one of my green felt suits needs to be picked up from the cleaners.

Speaking of crazy, am I losing it or was there a W-2 thread in the majors section a few days ago?

Never mind, found it in GA, along with some other threads I could've sworn were here. Kooky...

Last edited:
Listen, you emotionally incontinent little sissy:

Go see if I have a history of dogging on SWA. I don't.

That is your own incredible oversensitivity talking. Try not to post when your hands are quaking with rage.

M-kay?

Listen, you comprehension-challenged wanker:

Go see if this is all really about your "history" or not. You made a slamming post containing a bunch of complete bullsh!t about Southwest pilots, punctuated with a fairy tale that was unbelievable to even the most ardent of SWA-haters. I called you on it, and so far, your continued and only defense has been that you "don't have a history of dogging SWA." Well, now you do have a history of "dogging SWA," and with some of the stupidest and unbelievable crap that anyone has yet to come up with.

This is your own incredible stupidity-followed-by-backpedaling talking. Try not to post when your hands are shaking with the palsy of senility or ignorance. (Of course, that may limit you excessively).

We good now?

Bubba

Last edited:
You are one funky monkey. I just browsed the aforementioned thread and found nothing of the sort. I'd stay and expound on how crazy you are, but one of my green felt suits needs to be picked up from the cleaners.

My bad, it was a different SWA thread. Keep your sheleighleigh handy.

Listen, you comprehension-challenged wanker:

Go see if this is all really about your "history" or not. You made a slamming post containing a bunch of complete bullsh!t about Southwest pilots, punctuated with a fairy tale that was unbelievable to even the most ardent of SWA-haters. I called you on it, and so far, your continued and only defense has been that you "don't have a history of dogging SWA." Well, now you do have a history of "dogging SWA," and with some of the stupidest and unbelievable crap that anyone has yet to come up with.

This is your own incredible stupidity-followed-by-backpedaling talking. Try not to post when your hands are shaking with the palsy of senility or ignorance. (Of course, that may limit you excessively).

We good now?

Bubba

It's so easy to play you like a fiddle. If you think I'm backpedaling, you're wrong. I fully stand behind my statements.

And stop being an angry little sissy-boy. Makes pro pilots look bad.

Hahaha Lololol.

My bad, it was a different SWA thread. Keep your sheleighleigh handy.

No prob. Plus I just learned a new word (spelled shillelagh) , courtesy of you and Wikipedia. To return the favor, I'll have you know I'm dyeing my merkin green once I'm done posting this. (Make sure you actually click the wiki link; don't just read the Google narrative) :puke:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back