• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome back, holidays is over, back to the games. Ah! yes the famous safety banner, whenever there is little data to support your point and you have to make a point, wave the safety banner. Why because no one can be against safety, it like motherhood, baseball, and fluffy kittens. :laugh:What was dodged?

Oh! good you found the famous over 60 accident due to a crew screw up that has been posted on this site a 100 times. How many under age 65 crew screw ups would I have to post to show all crews do this regardless of age. I will start with the CAL DC-9 gear up landing at IAH in 1996, How about the AE BE-31 at RDU in 1994, or the UAL DC-8 at Portland in 1978. ;)

Remember if things work out for you, you also may have the option of joining the "over the hill gang":eek:

Yes, I found the over 60 accident. Everyone makes mistakes. For you to say that two over 60's would have fixed anything is pure BS and you know it.

Everyone makes mistakes.

;) right back at ya'.

Yip: Do you want to die at the controls of an airplane?

Probably. Sad part is, he and people like him will probably take a few (or a lot) of innocents with him when he does.

Probably. Sad part is, he and people like him will probably take a few (or a lot) of innocents with him when he does.

It would unprecedented in the history of air carrier operations with two-man crews for this to happen. In fact it almost unprecedented in the history of flying with two-man crews. I am sure if I am wrong we will see an immediate post of this 93 year old guy flying home from Oshkosh in the airplane he build crashing over Alabama.

The reality is I will fly as long as I can I am still living a child hood dream. I will make the decision, along with my AME and my Check Airman on when it is time to stop flying. You can wave the safety flag, jump on your high horse about how dangerous the old piltos are. In fact you could start an anti-old pilot lobby group to get the laws changed. But there is almost no history of older pilots dying at the controls and crashing. That is the reality of the world that you have to live with.

BTW there is the old joke of a pilot dying at the controls of his airplane and not screaming all the way down like his passengers:laugh:

Last edited:
Yip, say it ain't so..
It ain't so, OK here is the deal, I promise not to do it, if everyone under the age of 60 promises not to do it also.

And if you think we live in a free country, you're more delusional than I thought....
Well relatively speaking we are free, compared to many countries where many of things we post here would result in the poster disappearing. So for the mean time we are still free to express ourslves.

What was dodged? Really?

Yip, I'll type slowly and in full caps so you'll get it.

WHERE. DO. YOU. DRAW. THE. LINE???

80? 90? WHERE?

Amazing how the geezers seem so desperately unable to answer even the simplest of questions, isn't it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back