• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand why one would be for or against the new retirement age. You either want it for selfish reasons or you don't want it for selfish reasons. I guess being against it now, yet staying, yourself, to age 65 would make one quite a hypocrite. Any comments?

Dutch,

I'll be the first to tell you that I am a hypocrite. I want them to go away so I can make my money and POSSIBLY go away early. The longer it takes the longer I stay and that just sucks for everyone involved.

Gup

Donald- i don't think it can be classified as selfish to want the career progression we ALL had when we signed up for this career. But you're right- we can agree with 60 or 65- to me it's the timing- with the bankruptcies, furloughs, and outsourcing that has defined the last decade- to have this rule change in one fell swoop is hard to swallow- especially when it's one of the pilot groups that hasn't suffered that made it g
happen.

Donald- i don't think it can be classified as selfish to want the career progression we ALL had when we signed up for this career. But you're right- we can agree with 60 or 65- to me it's the timing- with the bankruptcies, furloughs, and outsourcing that has defined the last decade- to have this rule change in one fell swoop is hard to swallow- especially when it's one of the pilot groups that hasn't suffered that made it g
happen.

I guess the more appropriate question would then be "Is it selfish to expect your career to go as planned"? You are right, I wouldn't necessarily call that selfish. However, I think if you count on fairness, you are destined for a lot of upset. Especially in this industry. What is fair to one is not to another. It just depends on who has the better lawyer. If you think about it, most of the time we get upset or angry in life is when we don't get what we want.

Change is the only constant- I got my track shoes on (if you know the reference :). )

but that doesn't mean that 1145 days from now, won't be a very good day for every pilot who's not senior in the left seat

Change is the only constant- I got my track shoes on (if you know the reference :). )

but that doesn't mean that 1145 days from now, won't be a very good day for every pilot who's not senior in the left seat

Latest resources

Back