1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:beer:

On the serious side I'm just ready for some movement. We've never had 10 year upgrades at WN but we will soon! The guys behind me are not getting the same opportunity I had and the morale is slipping. I'm ready for the FO's to get their shot and start recouping some of the money this has cost them.

Gup

Gotta thank Ted Stevens pilot for proving the theory. Again...

Be careful, that irony is dripping. Don't want to get any on you...

:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Last edited:
So true. Although I was not wailing about my impending furlough on my last month of flying, I did mention it occasionally. Some captains would reply "aww that stinks" and then immediately whip out their iPhones, show me pictures of their aircraft, yacht, and second homes. To add insult to injury, some of these guys were over 60.

Hahahah, lol. You think that's bad. I'm a furloughed NetJets pilot. I had pretty much the EXACT same thing happen to me in the weeks and months leading up to the furlough. Except that one of the dudes was 70. Yes 70. I asked him if he was going to retire anytime soon and he just replied with, "As long as I keep my health up I'm going to keep flying". So you see, at least there IS a rule in the 121 world. Otherwise these geezers would fly until they are dead at the controls. I even heard a rumor at a union meeting that we had a 71 year old with an 8 year old and 5 year old. The guy swore it was true and that he had flown with this "daddy-geezer" and even saw his kids pictures. All I could think was WTF.

Latest resources

Back