• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$125K Navy Pilot Bonus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spyguy is correct, the bonus will keep a few but it doesn't stop the bleeding. The fact that the airlines are doing more hiring although not as much as the late 90s will make it even more dificult for somebody to decide to stay in and take the abuse that it looks like is in store for them.

With the additional duties away and non-flying, plus the additional requirements for joint and ACSC in order to promote it just makes your career too unpredictible sometimes. But I guess if you take the bonus at 25 a year thats what your willing to do.

In previous years your DH was 15 for 3 but when I left I'm pretty sure they had actually increased it to 25 for 3.

I'm glad I made my decision to get off AD even though I would say the civilian world hasn't been completely kind to me.

You know what though Scratcher, I'm still a happier guy now. No more 6+ months away from the family (I can handle a 4 day trip). On the work side, all I have to do is focus on being a professional pilot. No more collateral duties!!!

Not only that, I found a paying reserve billet in my hometown so I can trapse along for another 8 yrs until I hit my years requirement for retirement. Minimal investment in time for a guaranteed pension at the end (I hope). Alas, it's not flying, but hey, I don't have to commute to both my job and reserve.

The only thing that I'll miss is the JO's I met and hung out with on all of my tours, along with the 2 Kloster ride from Utaphao (sp?) to Pattaya. Rumor was there was formaldehyde in that stuff, and I think it was true...

Hasta, the Navin

Oh baby....Combat Kloster's (ice cold 1 liter bottles) in the Thai countryside. In the crewdog world of "Been There-Done That"...that's one of the better "T-shirts" going...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back