124th Fighter Squadron

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lynxman

Do we have anybody from this unit here? I got a phone call from a recruiter for UPT and she was very helpful but I had some more questions that I was hoping a pilot could answer. Do people selected for UPT still need to go to IFS? When I was talking to another unit they told me I needed to do the TBAS test but this unit only requires the AFOQT is this normal? Should I take the TBAS anyways? Thanks for the help.

Boys from Boise are a good group. You have to take the AFOQT and TBAS to go before any board. I believe that everyone has to go to IFS no matter what. This has changed since I went in. Go over to Baseops.net and use the search function to find out stuff.

If Shooter is still there, shoot him straight!

No worries. Don't know anything about Iowa. If you want to get into ANG unit ask the POC for UPT interviews to visit during a UTA. Bring some adult beverages and don't be a knob. Ask questions but do your home work.

Do we have anybody from this unit here? I got a phone call from a recruiter for UPT and she was very helpful but I had some more questions that I was hoping a pilot could answer. Do people selected for UPT still need to go to IFS? When I was talking to another unit they told me I needed to do the TBAS test but this unit only requires the AFOQT is this normal? Should I take the TBAS anyways? Thanks for the help.

If you are talking to a recruiter, I wouldn't take much of what they say to truth. The 124th hired me back in 95. I had about 5k hours back then. They sent me for the AFOQT as well as the BATS--now it's TBAS. They were also going to send me to IFS. I would plan on all three--at least in your prep work. I wish I still knew some people there so I could send you to someone.

Latest resources

Back