121 Regs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

plunger

Lately I've been reading a lot of airline interview experiences and 121 regs. seem to all ways come up during the technical portion. As a cfi, I'm not really up on everything 121. Where is a good source to get these? For free if possible. I've tried the FAA website but can't find what I'm looking for. I don't really want to purchase the FAR-FC because I don't even know if that's what I'm looking for. thanks for any responses.

I think airline interviewers quiz you on what you should know for your level of experience is. I bet these people had previous 121 time and that is why they are being asked this stuff.

Ditto on Whiskey Tango's response- namely that you'll be quizzed on what your application and logbook points to as your highest level of experience. It would be a waste of time to try and decipher regs if you haven't had to apply them, because 90% of the verbage in the FARs are legalese/gobbledygook and you won't know what really matters. Most 121 pilots don't really know 121 regs except in the form of their own companies Op Specs, which are derived from 121 regs. So if you are 91, know your 91 regs. If you are 121 or 135, then know your 121/135/OpSpecs *and* part 91.

Whiskey Tango said:
I think airline interviewers quiz you on what you should know for your level of experience is. I bet these people had previous 121 time and that is why they are being asked this stuff.

Not at Pinnacle...they ask 121 regs. Probably to weed out some folks!!

Latest resources

Back