• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 or go to FLEXJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haha. I thought the same thing considering he has a airlink avatar! I don't even work for Flexjet but I wondered how anyone could be so clueless.
Mr. I.
*****If you don't work for FlexJet (or an Airlink carrier) how can you make such a definitive comment either way?

I'm working in a regional 121, with the opportunity to go to FLEXJET CL300 (fractional)

making more money in fractional that the regional

what is you opinion????

help!!!!!!!!!
Go Flexjet. If your Regional Carrier X takeas a dump now, where does your type rating get you? At the back of the line 121 style...ready to start all over again at abysmal (sp?) pay. At least with the CL300 type (assuming they are giving you a full type) you'll have more opportunities to pick from down the road: 121, 135, or 91

Good Luck

Most regional pilots are looking to get out of the business - either to a major or to a fractional/quality part 91 operator. Not many want to be around except the very senior with possible future consolidation.

Flexjet has a new higher payscale, nicer airplanes and much better route variety (adhoc). You could do a lot worse than Flexjet. The one potential downside for now is that they only offer 4 pilot domiciles unlike Netjets (100) and Citationshares (20+). If you can live near one of the four domiciles you should be more than fine. Plus, that CL300 is a real nice airplane to fly from what I hear - it's a hotrod!

Guys in the Chicago area with a CL-300 type are getting 1,200 per day flying part 91. Get the type, get out of the regionals.

*****I was just reporting what I have heard (hence the comment "I've heard that"). We have a number of people here that used to work at FlexJet and they loath the place. I don't know anything more than that.
As for me, I'll keep my 18 day off schedule working mostly day trips. 2-3 nights away from home per month are more than enough.

So, how much do you make a year (not flame). And does every one get a schedule like yours (this is flame)?

Flex aint bad, its Flight Options you want to stay away from until they get the contract thing settled.

Been at the regionals, been at Flex, and I wish I would have jumped ship from the regional turd sooner!
You will make more at the fracs and your quality of life while on the road will be exponentially better. Also, The majority of those here that have flown airlines will not go back.

Flex aint bad, its Flight Options you want to stay away from until they get the contract thing settled.

Yeah, and you might want to steer clear of CitationShares too. Lousy non-union bastards, all the do is ride the coattails of NetJets.

*****I was just reporting what I have heard (hence the comment "I've heard that"). We have a number of people here that used to work at FlexJet and they loath the place. I don't know anything more than that.
As for me, I'll keep my 18 day off schedule working mostly day trips. 2-3 nights away from home per month are more than enough.

I guess we have a new regional now that pays a lot better than Flex Jet!!! PLUS.....

-provides Blackberries
-Crew meals
-Company Credit cards
-paid uniforms
-positive space commute
-100% match on 401K up to 6%
-2 paid vacations a year
-offers 7/7
and man should I continue?? lets hear the name of that regional!...........

Tough question depending on what you want. Are you single/married/family? Does the schedule (Flex is a 6/4 on avergage but is much more subject to change than some of the others) work for your life?

I came from a fractional to a regional (granted, I came in as a captain and would not have done it otherwise-couldn't afford it) and I haven't looked back. 121 fits my life better, hard days off mean more to me than pretty much anything else, and my feelings are echoed by two other guys I know in my position.

Yes, you are treated considerably better on the road at a frax, but remember, you are spending a ton of time out there with occasionally very long hotel stays so you should be treated better. As for the airplane, the 300 is nice, but who cares? It wears off no matter what you're flying, and to the type rating...most corporate operators are not SWA-you don't need a type for an interview. It is about who you know and what experience you have, they'll provide the type to anybody they like.

Make your decision based on quality of life, after everything else wears off that is what you're left with-good luck on the choice.

Latest resources

Back