Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Styles

Guinness means Genius
An article running at fox about The RIAA suing a 12 Year Old girl: "'I got really scared. My stomach is all turning,' Brianna said last night at the city Housing Authority apartment where she lives with her mom and her 9-year-old brother."

I will make sure I don't buy any music from a record label associated with the RIAA or attend any concert who an artist is affiliated with a record lable associated with the RIAA.

That just ticks me off I just wish I was the corp. pilot for the RIAA. I would give those lawyers and execs a ride! Being I would be fired and only able to do it once it would have to be one of my better rides.... >=)

You can put it in a calico dress and call it Miss Elizabeth, but a pig is still a pig.

And a thief is still a thief, even at 12.

It was no secret that they were going to go after the top offenders. Poor parenting led to this and as she is a minor, the parents will pay the judgement, which will hopefully be quite a bit.

If you have kids with internet access, I would make sure that any downloaded music is deleted and the file sharing software that acquired it removed.

I'm going to disagree with Bart. File sharing is no different than copying music from the radio, burning a CD from a friend, taping a TV show with a VCR, or going to a library and reading a book you didn't buy. I'm too old to download that crap music they listen to today but until the RIAA has an attitude adjustment, I simply refuse to by anymore music (and I was really looking forward to the new album ZZ Top released today.)

I don't think a little girl should be sued over downloading music. Do you know how many kids download music off the internet? I am so sick of these big corporations who love to push people around. They should be the ones going to jail.

Who is ZZ top?

File sharing over the net will never be stopped, there is no way to enforce it. Napster was easy to attack b/c there was a central database, but with the peer to peer programs it's impossible. As a result of file sahring, one recording company announced last week cd prices were going down to $12.95.

>>>I am so sick of these big corporations who love to push people around. They should be the ones going to jail.<<<

Yes, the corporations should go to jail. For suing people who steal their product. Lookit how they push people around!

I suppose if this "little girl" stole a VCR from WalMart it would be okay... Right? It's only a big corporation, after all.

And since if "everybody is doing it" is an excuse for illegal behavior, it is also okay to drive 30mph over the speed limit. Police should never give out speeding tickets, and if they do, it is because they love to push people around and THEY should go to jail.

Look... You know it's illegal, she knew it was illegal, EVERYONE knows it's illegal. Illegal behavior is illegal behavior, and WHOOPS, I guess this girl is the unfortunate one to be caught. Just like the person who gets nailed for the speeding ticket occasionally, it's just your (her) turn to pay the piper.

Call it what you want but file sharing will never be stopped. Hackers and the people who create these programs are always more than one step ahead of the record companies and view it as "beating the system" so to speak. Fining a 12 year old girl is laughable.

I suppose the two that posted here have never taped a program on TV? That's illegal too just look at the credits and it tells you that. As far speeding I suppose you never speed in your car? I will say that you are a liar.

So unless you have never told lie, watched a taped program or even when one mile over the speed limit. You need to quit with your almighty attitude. Nobody said anything about stealing a VCR from a store. It was a song off the internet.

Recording a TV show for personal use is perfectly legal. Distributing it to others to copy is not. I have gone over the speed limit and on a few occassions have been caught and fined. I deserved the tickets. Since other 12 year olds are doing and selling drugs, doesn't make it acceptable. There are quite a few 12 year olds in juvenille detention centers for breaking the law up to and including murder. At what level are we supposed to start to ignore laws?
Take care!

Latest resources

Back