• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Ha! Made you look!

It has been awhile since we've had any fun here so here goes ...
my peerless, periless, prediction for the class of 11 April:

Called the week of 18 Mar - 22 Mar

Specnut
P3flyer
Las777
Jinxy
Coach
KT
Slug (Blue tags rule!!!!!)
McC
Qxeplt
RJDRIVER

Called 25 Mar - 29 Mar

Jetpltrich
Airfido
T1apilot
T1bubba
Hpaul3
Rightbettor (finally!!!)

Why am I soooo optimistic (other than it being my nature - you know healing factor etc ...:D)? Same reason we got slammed last two classes. We had huge gaps in the dates on our list, and guess what ... the list was shown to be lacking. Now it is the other way around, our list is full of folks in these dates - I think the drain will be great and I don't want Pegasus to get all of the no prizes!!

Common place your bets!!!

Iuavir, You're killin' me!!! Two slots away from glory. Throw the old chicken bones again and break it to me gently. ;)

Hey ETXflier-

I will be like a pig in Sxxt, and will buy you a beer, if I/we get the nod for 25 April! Forever optomistic...See you in Big D.

bones rerolled

As master Yoda would say "always in motion is the future". The 1st quater numbers and stop loss are key variables that no one, including SWA knows. So predictions beyond the next two classes are beyond the scope of my tea cup and Miss Theo don't return my calls no more! Sooooooooo,

EXT - No way are you making 11 April brother-LUV! In fact there is a "hole" between 6 November and 11 November, so I expect a great showing from the list in the 11 April class and then just OK for the next two classes. Besides I thought you were keeping the world safe for a while longer ....

In-Hot - sorry, but the picture is way too cloudy to call your future. As well as the variables discussed above, there are a ton of holes in the list by the time I get to you. Forced to guess I put you in early June IF there are classes every two weeks AND stop loss doesn't end. Sorry. I heard that if you take your pants off and tie the ends of the legs you can inflate them and use them as a flotation device ...

Chaz (my interview buddy) - I expect to see you in the bar at 1937 on the 8th of May, but you and EXT will have already been there for two weeks ;)

I hope it all plays out faster than this, but actually this would be pretty quick.

Last edited:
Ivauir,

Thanks for the prediction, and I hope you're right about us early Nov. guys but I think it's going to be close. When I talked to JM last week she said the April classes would only have 20 per class, so that's not going to help drain the pool any faster.

I am keeping my calender clear around 11 April, though...

T1bubba
(hopefully soon to be SWAbubba!)

Info from JM

JM called me today. She said once Management approves the April Classes, (Whatever that means?) I will most likely be in the April 11 class. I hope they do not cancel any classes ;that would be just my luck, but she seemed pretty positive and would let me know later this week. Maybe the training dept. is getting bogged down and they want to space it out more, who knows. I hope they continue to push us all through. Good luck to all, I will post as soon as I hear something new

Specnut,

While you're waiting you could always go back to Carlsbad and fly with the Man From Atlantis.

(Ignore this if this makes no sense to you and you're not who I think you are)

April Class

Hey Specnut,

That's great news, lets now hope she hurries quickly down the poolie list for the April 11th and 25th classes. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.

update info, no news

I just talked to a buddy of mine who just interviewed today.
Southwest is no longer scheduling classes on a three month basis. It will be done on a month to month as needed basis.
I am begining to believe that there will only be one April class and it won't be April 11. I am thinking that they are awaiting the results of the 1st quarter before they proceed with more classes. I have heard nothing this week since I have talked to JM, so I bet that Flight Ops wants to space things out a bit.
Southwest also told my buddy that it would be 10 months before he saw a class date and that there were already 350 people in the pool, and there will be no more interviews for a while. I hoping to get a call soon, but it may be another few weeks.,

Latest resources

Back