1000 PIC Turbine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

In light of the demand up and supply down of pilots, is it likely that majors, nationals and cargo that start at 50/hr or better will hire pilots with less than 1000 PIC Turbine? I am looking at jumping back into regional or 135 to pick up my 1000 PIC turbine (already have 400 FO turbojet).

I don't see RJ captains jumping over to majors since it would take them 5-8 years to get that money back.

Not that I think I deserve a quick jump into the big jets but hey I have a good engineering job and need to support a family so I would like this thing to make some sense financially.

Thanks,
Check Six

How are you gonna get any PIC time at a regional? There is no movement, and if as you say, CA's are not jumping to majors, then no matter what the hiring boom brings about, you will still have a long upgrade.

Some 135 operators will upgrade you in 6 months if you ready. But again that is why I ask the question. If I go to a regional and have 1000-2000 SIC on an RJ, will any major or higher paying cargo pick you up.

Some 135 operators will upgrade you in 6 months if you ready. But again that is why I ask the question. If I go to a regional and have 1000-2000 SIC on an RJ, will any major or higher paying cargo pick you up.

I heard some RJ FO's are going to majors...but then again a lot of pilots lie about these things to make it seem like their job actually has more potential than it really does, so I take it with a grain of salt until I know an FO who's been picked up and I know what kind of experience he has prior to the 121 world. Maybe they have tons of PIC from some other gig, or military, that would preclude the need for 121 PIC.

Latest resources

Back