• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 JAN 2007 NTSB determines cause of fatal CRJ crash in Jefferson City

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew as an FO for 10 years because the industry had no movement, except backwards. I learned from the best, the seasoned Captains I flew with. When I transitioned to swept wing aircraft, I flew with Captains who had 15+ years flying swept wing aircraft. They taught me that high altitude flying deserves special attention and to respect the high altitude environment.

Today's regional pilot's have to learn this on their own. Hopefully, their airline Training Dept puts the fear of God in them through this accident. Because of low pay and shiny jets, Regional companies hire some of the lowest qualified pilots in the industry. Even at the company I am working for now, we are hiring FOs who two weeks before class were CFI's with minimal IFR time--multi-engine, no turbine, and no fundamental basic flight management experience and I'm not talking about FMS...very minimal experience. They're nice kids, great people. This is what it has become. This is the result of the race to the bottom.

What is unfortunate is that the general public will never hear about this Pinnacle crash. No passenger fatalities, just two pilots repositioning an aircraft. No outrage from the public.

Very, very sad. May God bless their families.

T8

Latest resources

Back