• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!

VampyreGTX said:
Time for a new magic 8-ball! LOL.... :D :p

Tell me about it!!!!
BTW in case anyone is interested, that black plastic ball does not do well with a high speed impact against concrete.:mad:

Yeah I really don't know what the ICAO deal is.....I just didn't know what to tell him.

I mean i didn't think that he was at all (or had the need to) trying to "pad" his IFR time since he got hired as an aviation cadet/career pilot C172 direct DC3, 8, 10, A300 and so forth. I do know that his flight hours were certified by his version of the FAA. I did warn him about how the 10% rule is the norm here.

oh well...thanks for all your input folks.

Having been part of the interview/hiring process, I cal tell you a little bit about the instrument time issue. The 10% guideline is just that a guideline. The knowledgable interviewer will make adjustments for the type of flying the applicate has been doing. A CFI out of Florida or SOCAL with 10% will be questioned on how he got that much. A night freight dog or commuter pilot out of the Northeast with only 10% will be questioned on how many trips he canceled. The number has to be realistic for the type of flying you have been doing and the area you are out of.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back