1 year out too far for Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

valguz2

I am 1 year out from my 20 year retirement from the military. Is it too early for me to apply to JB? I exceed all the mins & have some buds already working there & they are loving life.

Thx

most definately

You should wait! At least until I get over 1,000 hours in A/C over 20K lbs!! I will send you a PM and let you know when it is alright. Until then, could some of your buds hook up with me and get me an interview?

JBLU

I don't think it is early, if you meet quals, especially if you have significant terminal leave. What service? Coast Guard?

(Don't worry about those folks that can't spell.)

FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification.

1500 hours total time in airplanes (excluded: Helo, Sim, F/E time)

1000 hours turbine in airplanes

1000 hours PIC (Jetblue considers PIC as the Pilot who signs for/is primarily responsible for the aircraft)

1000 hours in airplanes over 20,000 pounds (max take off weight)

Recency of flight experience will be considered

Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate

FCC Radio License

Current Passport

Three reference letters from pilots who can personally attest to the candidates flying skills (must bring originals to interview)

Vision corrected to 20/20

Legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.

High School or GED equivalent (College degree preferred)

Able to pass a 10-year security background check and a drug test

mine has been in there since Nov 2001 (with the old App) with about 4 buds working for the company who got hired before the current system. (ie met dean at an Air inc conference before the purely numbers based system took effect. I had an 05/2003 avail date, so i had to wait until now, and we all know how many qualified guys are on the street now. All I can say is get it in early, with as early an avail date as you can finnagle(sp?) I think it is easier to tell them after they offer you a job "well I can't get out until this date because of this commitment...) rather than waiting for a valid get out of the mil date.

Head's up

Apply. Also, don't let your earliest available date get behind. In other words, keep updating so that date is in the future or the computer system overlooks you. (You may already know this). Good Luck to all!

Thanks for the advice

With terminal leave & all I will be available early next summer. 20+ years USCG Hercs & Falcons.

Latest resources

Back