• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

1 NW pilot who doesn't feel the pain

AnimalTale

Total Time
mucho
Arent you glad your dues are paying for that. Also, I like the way he shares the pain of paycuts and cut pensions.

Something to think about---------> where are his sacrafices?

Cya

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
I was told this the other day so I won't take credit for it.

ALPA is just Latin for: Every Man For Himself

Pilottodd2

Total Time
With all the pilot pay cutbacks and furloughs (in the thousands), Wouldn't you think that the ALPA funds would be dropping? How does DW keep his high salary?

Next thing out of ALPA National...
"Due to the tremendous loss of pilots and, for those lucky enough to remain, making Regional Airline pay, ALPA has decided to raise the montly dues from each pilot. The new rate will now be 30% of your gross pay. Thank you and have a nice day. And remember, power through unity..."

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Pilottodd2 said:
With all the pilot pay cutbacks and furloughs (in the thousands), Wouldn't you think that the ALPA funds would be dropping? How does DW keep his high salary?

GREED!!!!!:mad:

Traderd

Total Time
Pilottodd2 said:

Next thing out of ALPA National...
"Due to the tremendous loss of pilots and, for those lucky enough to remain, making Regional Airline pay, ALPA has decided to raise the montly dues from each pilot. The new rate will now be 30% of your gross pay. Thank you and have a nice day. And remember, power through unity..."

Don't the union members in good standing have control over who is in leadership positions as well as compensation levels and dues rates?

I have always assumed it is a matter of a voting majority being satisfied with ALPA's performance. It is a similar situation for corporations where there have been some outlandish performance/compensation ratios (subjective terms of course) and in those cases I have attributed it to shareholder apathy, inattention, dilution, etc.

How does ALPA fill its executive ranks?

Deuce130

Durka Durka Jihad!
Total Time
I bet that was the easiest contract they ever negotiated...

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Maybe you guys should figure out what LEC stands for.

If you don't like what's going on, try attentding an LEC meeting where ANY ALPA member in good standing can be heard. Offer a resolution to have him fired, or have his pay or benefits reduced, take a vote, and see where it goes. Your LEC is made of pilots just like you, so don't go blaming some nebulous "national" organization for your woes. Take charge of your own future. Get involved.

Oh, wait. You don't have time after you fly your own trips and mow your own yard and play on your own computer? Thought so.

;)

JohnDoe

Total Time
quote:
"With all the pilot pay cutbacks and furloughs (in the thousands), Wouldn't you think that the ALPA funds would be dropping? How does DW keep his high salary?"

They have to keep the salary high in order to retain the talent.....you know....retention bonus kinda thing.

Sound familiar?.....LOL ;)