• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

radarlove

So the recent "pilot intoxication" had the pilot blow a .039. On the BAC calculator I found on line, I would have to drink two drinks in one hour to blow a .039.

Here's the question: If I had eight hours off drinking and blew this .039, what was my BAC eight hours ago?

There is no hard and fast number to answer your question. There are too many factors to consider and you can't exactly predict how your body will metabolize alcohol. Food and beverage, amount alcohol, type of alcohol, BMI, health of your liver and on and on...

See post 89 on the 'Update to SWA F/O' thread. The answer can be closer to none that one might think.

radarlove said:
So the recent "pilot intoxication" had the pilot blow a .039. On the BAC calculator I found on line, I would have to drink two drinks in one hour to blow a .039.

Here's the question: If I had eight hours off drinking and blew this .039, what was my BAC eight hours ago?

Where you asleep in math class? sheesh....

I read that, but we're pretty far away from the error level of the device (and .015 error is pretty unusual, I used to calibrate Breathalyzers and never got this).

The real question I'm asking, is it possible to not drink for eight hours and blow a .039?

.039 after two drinks? Your kidding yourself. A 180 lb man is over .08 after just 3 drinks and the average body with a healthy liver gets rid of .015 per hour. Unless your a really big boy!

Well, I just did mine and I am at 4 beers at .038 in 1 hour. (12 ounce beer)

radarlove said:

If you weight 180 pounds, that's 4 beers and 3 shots 8 hrs ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back