0245 base report, are u kidding??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ruprex

Just looking at the bid packet for my new base in Philly next next month, and we have a few trips with show times of 245 and I think a few at 3 or 0315. Just curious if any other Airways Express carriers have those show times?? Im afraid if I get that trip, I wont be able to wake up at one something in the morning to go to work. I might just have to pull an all-nighter. Any other AWACERS pissed about that trip??

Also, just curious to know if any knows what happend to that certain scheduler who tried to be a pilot. I heard he washed out of training.

Last edited:
If you look closely you will notice that those are all repo flights (9000 number) in order to position the aircraft for the start of US Air service. These are one time deals not a regularly scheduled line. You do know that we have a company board to discuss this kind of stuff right? PM me if you need the info on where to find it. I do agree that a 0245 show sucks (I used to fly for an airline that had them) badly though.

Also that certain much maligned (and rightfully so) crew scheduler did indeed wash out of new hire training, or so we have been lead to believe. Maybe he just realized that his life on the line was going to be very very difficult. "Whats that you want to fly this leg? Sorry we have to deny your request in order to maintain reserve coverage but thanks for calling."

Last edited:
cool, at least its not a regular occurance. Not to mention they will be 5 leggers.

I think slam click would bring a whole new meaning on overnights. I wouldnt fly with him though, I'm still a gear biotch. Sorry UUHH call back at 2100, we are unable at this time...

Last edited:
What time does security open in Philly? What time do the gate (and more importantly I guess, the ramp) people show up? Are they even around at that hour?

Twotter76 said:
If you look closely you will notice that those are all repo flights (9000 number) in order to position the aircraft for the start of US Air service. These are one time deals not a regularly scheduled line. You do know that we have a company board to discuss this kind of stuff right? PM me if you need the info on where to find it. I do agree that a 0245 show sucks (I used to fly for an airline that had them) badly though.

Also that certain much maligned (and rightfully so) crew scheduler did indeed wash out of new hire training, or so we have been lead to believe. Maybe he just realized that his life on the line was going to be very very difficult. "Whats that you want to fly this leg? Sorry we have to deny your request in order to maintain reserve coverage but thanks for calling."

I hope this scheduler doesn't go back to your scheduling department, just a small chip on his shoulder!

Cheers

security is open 24 hours for employees. Ramp control is 6am to 11pm. Ramp workers.....ah.....now you get to see what makes PHL such a frustrating place to visit.

Twotter76 said:

Had a PC recently with someone who gave the scoop on the scheduler. Had very little time, and had not flown regularly in more than a year. Was getting a couple of hours every month or so in a single engine cessna thats it! Wasn't able to keep up with the a/c and the speed of training.
Company asked him to leave apparently, actually did not fire him. Technically speaking. He asked if he could get his old job back as a scheduler and was told NO!

What's wrong with getting up early? Don't you know this is the commuters? Those little planes gotta be there to get the people with real jobs to work.
5 legs a day, is that it? Sheesh, there'll be no problem figuring out how to turn that into a max production 10 leg, 16 hour duty day. Come on, this is a business not a charity. I hope you don't expect the Hilton on your short overnights, the Super8 will suffice for your cultured tastes.

Latest resources

Back