• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your Worth As A Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am now in a state of total bliss....just typed up my resignation letter for the company that employes me on their low paying beech 1900. I just started polishing my resume for southwest and delta airlines. Would it perhaps be too bold to request that i be hired straight into the left seat at 3rd year pay or so? I deserve it. Man...a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

clarification

This mantra applies more to contract negotiations than demanding what terms they must offer you before you would accept a job offer.

BRA said:
I am now in a state of total bliss....just typed up my resignation letter for the company that employes me on their low paying beech 1900. I just started polishing my resume for southwest and delta airlines. Would it perhaps be too bold to request that i be hired straight into the left seat at 3rd year pay or so? I deserve it. Man...a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

He said "know what you are worth". So look again at your experience and "know what you are worth" I don't think he was looking for a smart a$$ answer.

His simple philosophy may help save this profession.

worth

Right about now I must be worth a Big Mac and a Supersized order of fries. Cause ain't no one calling me, and I'm hungry!!

You are worth what ever the market will bear, and it changes on a month to month basis. Or these days whatever you can get to continue to fly. Supply and Demand, right now we have a lot of supply and very little demand...therefore it is a employeer's market. Them being able to dictate the pay scale, ain't capitalism wonderful.

Have a Happy New Year

My FBO says that I am worth 70 dollars an hour for the 172 and 25 dollars an hour for the instructor. I will turn that around one day.

72Longhorn said:
Right about now I must be worth a Big Mac and a Supersized order of fries. Cause ain't no one calling me, and I'm hungry!!

Hey Longhorn, don't worry brotha'. Many of us are in the same situation right now, and yes, it certainly is the result of high supply & low demand.

Last edited:
72Longhorn,

I heard you got a call for a flying gig but decided to "hold out for management."

Latest resources

Back