Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthepool

My name is Inigo Montoya
Sitting in the pool and waiting, I'll admit I don't know a great deal about working at the regionals, but here are a couple of observations:

1. It seems like every time a TA comes up at an airline every pilot who DOESN'T work there agrees that it is that pilot group's responsability to look out for everyone else in the industry. These other pilots are not aware of the details, they just fear the same measures might show up at their airline, and therefore they stress the need to "hold together" and "look out for one another." Later, when the TA shows up at their door, they overwhelmingly approve it, claiming they have to look out for their own job security.

2. After a TA passes at an airline there is always a small but vocal minority that puffs out their chests and say "I voted no, I held up the values." This minority is supposedly comprised of the group that truely believes the pilot group as a whole must stick together and collectively work towards a better contract, however, they are the first to turn around and spit on everyone that doesn't agree with them. They use terms like "whores" and "spineless" to describe those who voted yes. So they voted no in order to support the whole of the pilot group, for the good of everyone, so that everyone could stick and work together, and then they do everything in their power to alienate the people who didn't agree with them, who happen to be the majority, thus making it more difficult to pull together in the future.

Just a few observations guys, I'm not pointing any fingers here. I am definitely curious to see what some others of you think though, as long as you take this post for what it's worth and you don't try to read into it too deeply.

Latest resources

Back