• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

100/hour/5y

Rolls-Royce AE 3007A1E Turbofans Enter Service With ExpressJet
Friday November 1, 12:04 pm ET

CHANTILLY, Va., Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The first Rolls-Royce AE 3007A1E turbofans entered service today (1 November 2002), powering the Embraer ERJ 145XR twin-engine aircraft for ExpressJet Airlines. The enhanced A1E engine is the exclusive powerplant for this new extra long-range 50-seat regional jet, which provides increased thrust and range and allows new hub-feed and point- to-point route options.

Launch customer ExpressJet, which operates as Continental Express, ordered 104 firm and 100 option ERJ 145XR aircraft in July 2000. The firm engine business is worth US$600 million to Rolls-Royce. ExpressJet took delivery of its first eight ERJ 145XR aircraft in October and another 10 are planned by year's end.
The enhanced 8,110lb-thrust AE 3007A1E turbofan offers a 7 percent increase in takeoff thrust and up to a 14 percent increase in climb thrust over existing AE 3007A1 models, allowing up to a 29 percent increase in range over current ERJ 145 aircraft.

Enhancements to the aircraft include an extra fuel tank, winglets and new landing gear for improved performance and operation. The aircraft's 2,000 nautical mile (nm) range provides a 450 nm increase over existing ERJ 145 models, and its takeoff weight of 52,911lb is an increase of 9 percent.
Check out

http://www.erj145.com

for new XR pictures.

It's about time they got rid of tose crappy Allison engines on the 145.

EMB drivers...are you going to let him cap on your airplane!!!

I've known people who were normal everyday nice guys, the kind of people you'd like to buy a beer, hand out and watch the game with...then they transition to the CRJ...I think the CRJ sim is actually a brainwashing device devised by CAE and Bombardier...because when they complete training they sucome to the dark side of the force. A force that inflates egos and gives the crew the illusion that their airplane is far superior to anything in the sky.

One CRJ FO told me "so when are you going to start flying a real airplane"...I responded "when the CRJ gets 3rd generation glass, FADEC, VNAV, comfortable PAX leg and head room, and 10000 fpm climb rate like my beloved Dork-Knob!!!"

OK EMB drivers...back me up!!!!!!

That was funny House X, :D but what is funnier is where you are going to get part for DOJET with Fairchild out of business, Oh wait I know in the Mojave desert where that piece of sh1t belongs. You must be sick thinking I was going to let you attempt to clown one of my brothers. Don't worry Rottweiller I got your back.

Watch out son you have just been stung by
the TrickDaddy:cool:

Falcon Capt said:
Are you really from the Ghetto or are you just some loser white-trash trying to act like someone on Jerry Springer?

Man you really took this thing to another level. It was meant to fun not racist. You should really look at the way responded it kind of has a nazi ring to it. Think about it...

WD

What do you expect from someone that puts "Senior Captain" as "current position" Wouldn't suprise if he is from Embry Riddle.;)

Last edited:
OMG

I never post here but couldn't help myself after what you just said. Generalizations like that are uncalled for.

Latest resources

Back