Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
whats an average day for the fleet? how many legs and hours do you fly typically? I hear about how the fleet works alot. I'm curious what alot is. Do you get stuck on hotel rot much?

Not much hotel standby. Legs per day ranges from zero to six. I've flown 300 hours in the last six months.

whats an average day for the fleet? how many legs and hours do you fly typically? I hear about how the fleet works alot. I'm curious what alot is. Do you get stuck on hotel rot much?

Not as much as I'd like. :0

It varies wildly. Today I flew one 3.3-hour international leg, spent about 4 hours of standby duty at the airport as a backup crew and plane, and went to the hotel. During those 4 hours, I ate my dinner and watched "Snakes on a Plane" and "Let's Go To Prison" on HBO in the crew lounge. (Would you like some merlot?) :D

Yesterday was four legs, two that were 2 hours, and two that were under 40 minutes. The last one ended at a nice oceanside Hilton resort, which always helps the recuperation!

A typical day has you on duty 11-12 hours, and off duty about the same amount. Some days are longer, some are shorter. The variety keeps it interesting.

This tour I have done 10 legs in 5 days. 1 day of hotel rot with a busted rig. Not looking good for tomorrow.
Last tour was about the same. 2 days of hotel rot last tour.
I like this slave ship!

From what I have heard, the Encore/Ultra and Beechjet guys don't fly much at all... Probably get a lot of hotel rot compared to the XL and X pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back