Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ghetto Sled

Dont pet cocktail monkey
I had a horrible flight the other day. I've never been disgusted by a patient until I tool that trip.
Anyone else have horror stories dealing with patients

This isn't a forum to chat about injuries to the unfortunate folks you carry. Grow up.

Patient transport

I agree with the last post. The needs of the patient must always come first and their medical status is confidential. Please keep that in mind. It is a very tumultuous time at best for someone to be transported for medical reasons and always remember, it is not about us.
This forum is neither the time nor the place to discuss patient information.

The needs of the patient must always come first

It should always come first, but every single RN/RT crew and even the people we contract for will agree that patient care is never really the number one priority... number one is always (in their eyes) making money. It's pretty sad if you ask me.

Some folks are just unplesant period. Health issues can exacerbate this and even produce it in the kindest of indivuduals.

I believe Ghetto Sled had a bad day and a patient ticked him off. I don't think he meant to have an open discussion about patients medical conditions so that there's a laughfest about them. He seems to just be looking to commiserate with others who fly these operations.

the post didnt violate HIPPA so settle the f down u asses

I have NEVER flown with any medical crews that the patient wasn't the number one priority, they are some of the most driven people that I have ever worked with, now, the owners of the air ambulance companies are a different story.

I have NEVER flown with any medical crews that the patient wasn't the number one priority, they are some of the most driven people that I have ever worked with, now, the owners of the air ambulance companies are a different story.

very true. At some of our bases the medcrew and flight crew will regularly go to the ER and volunteer when not flying and on duty.

My company is also very good about dispatching us just in case or sending us somewhere to take the medcrew to help out....no charge. Were told were lucky to see 50% payment from what we actually carry but our owners do care about the patients.

very true. At some of our bases the medcrew and flight crew will regularly go to the ER and volunteer when not flying and on duty.

My company is also very good about dispatching us just in case or sending us somewhere to take the medcrew to help out....no charge. Were told were lucky to see 50% payment from what we actually carry but our owners do care about the patients.

Same is true here: our medcrew always has the patient's best interests in mind. I'm really proud to work where I do because I know we take flights where we (the company) don't get paid. Like Photoflight said about his company owners, ours are also really nice, decent people who put the patients' lives at #1.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back