World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Any World guys give an update on what's latest re: hiring?

APC says yes, but no pilot vacancies on World site..

What's competitive? Heavy experience preferred or will they look at RJ guys with PIC?

Thanks

New alignment was due on the 25th... Still not out. Rumor has it we may be hiring into both the -11 and 74. We'll see.

Mins. 3000TT with 1000 TPIC. Competitive - ???

There are new hires in class with more classes scheduled for May and June.

That's all I got.

SS - You coming up for the Frozen Four? If I'm in town we need to share some beers! I'm on an open line from the 4th - 21st, so there's always a chance.

Last edited:
We have 46 MD11 and 12 B74-4 FO positions that are unfilled on our crew alignment that just came out today.

We are very under staffed, but as long as it takes to get training done around here, it will be summer of 2012 before we get caught up.

There is a possibility of some MDs going away, so maybe we are not that under staffed. I've not seen anything from our capable management that says we are hiring.

PtP

We have 46 MD11 and 12 B74-4 FO positions that are unfilled on our crew alignment that just came out today.

We are very under staffed, but as long as it takes to get training done around here, it will be summer of 2012 before we get caught up.

There is a possibility of some MDs going away, so maybe we are not that under staffed. I've not seen anything from our capable management that says we are hiring.

PtP

So, why wouldn't an MD-11 pilot bid an open slot on the 744? Why have empty slots on that bird? Are the schedules more difficult or route structure too limited vs. the MD-11? Any big differences between the two fleets?

I would think people would jump to the 400 as slots opened up... I am surprised they would have open slots for newhires. Any downside for a junior MD-11 FO bidding an open slot on the 400?

Last edited:
The hourly rate is the same. However, more volunteer flying seems to be available on the MD. Some of us like the mix of pax and freight. Also, I always hear that the 747 folks deadhead much more and @ World, that means more time seeing the world from the middle seat in steerage class.

Relative seniority is important and there are much more MD's than 7-4's,

Things will probably change as more 747's come online.

Last edited:
Is it worth sending a paper resume and cover letter? Or just wait for the online app?

Who is a good point to contact?

Thanks guys

What kinda schedules ya'll do? Is week on, week off possible? How senior does that go? I'm assuming paper line bidding, no PBS?

LOL Week on week off... Yea right! Pack your bag for somewhere between 14-18 days. The rest of the month off. There are some split lines, but most are one big block. We bid online. What does PBS stand for?

Latest resources

Back