World Free-Fall Convention

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huggyu2 said:
Is this the event that Don Kirlin puts on?
Yes it is...I don't know him well, but I did meet him and his wife down there at UIN WFFC.

Roger Nelson and his brother, Carl, started putting on a boogie, A LONG TIME AGO (in a galaxy far far away), called the Freak Brothers Convention. (They were the original freak brothers because of their long hair), That morphed into "The World Freefall Convention", starting in Freeport IL.
Now it's the business of Don Kirlin.

FreeFaller said:
Roger Nelson and his brother, Carl, started putting on a boogie, A LONG TIME AGO (in a galaxy far far away), called the Freak Brothers Convention. (They were the original freak brothers because of their long hair), That morphed into "The World Freefall Convention", starting in Freeport IL.
Now it's the business of Don Kirlin.

<cough> ...eh hemmm!!

The Freak Brother Reunion started at Hinckley, IL. Then went to Big Foot, WI. Then Freeport, IL and then it went to Quincy, IL in order to do the large formation attempts that Roger Nelson envisioned. I believe it dropped the Freak Brother Reunion title when it moved to Quincy. Can't quite remember it's specific title but it was something like Roger Nelson's FreeFall Convention. After Roger went on vacation <cough, cough> Don Kirlin and Ebbing took over calling it the WFFC.

First one I went to was in 1996 at UIN. Nothing like it. Never will be again.

I'm retired from jumping for now. I just run a website for jump pilot safety. www.DiverDriver.com.

Go to http://www.freak-brother.com/ for more Freak Brother history and memorabilia.

And a catchy little tune: HEY FREAK BROTHER!! http://www.freak-brother.com/pics/HeyFreakBrother.mp3

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back