• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World Airways Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a question about WORLD pilots being home based.....

If you live in (Tulsa, OK....El Paso, TX....Huntsville, AL), or any out of the way place.....and they need you in, say, LAX.....do they buy you a ticket from Bumfuctegypt to and from LAX ?

320AV8R

If you live in (Tulsa, OK....El Paso, TX....Huntsville, AL), or any out of the way place.....and they need you in, say, LAX.....do they buy you a ticket from Bumfuctegypt to and from LAX ?

Affirmative

World will book the ticket and provide a hotel before and after the trip, if your duty day (including your commercial to or from home) is over contractual maximums. Your airport of record must be served by at least 3 major or national carriers. Additionally all airlines stand alone a feeder does not represent the major.

Bellerophon said:
Additionally all airlines stand alone a feeder does not represent the major.

You mean express/commuter flights don't count?

Pension plan

Hi,
I am very ignorant to pension plans, all I have ever had is a lousy 401(k). Can someone please explain how the "A plan" works? I see World offers a 1.89% A Plan.

Thanks,

BBB

Bellerophon said:
World will book the ticket and provide a hotel before and after the trip, if your duty day (including your commercial to or from home) is over contractual maximums. Your airport of record must be served by at least 3 major or national carriers. Additionally all airlines stand alone a feeder does not represent the major.

SWEET

SWEET

320AV8R

Express/Commuter airlines stand on their own for home basing policy. If the Express/Commuter airline is a national or major than it can be used as one of the three airlines that must serve your city of choice. Also, once your city meets the criteria then you are grandfathered in after that.

Bigbeerbelly said:
Hi,
I am very ignorant to pension plans, all I have ever had is a lousy 401(k). Can someone please explain how the "A plan" works? I see World offers a 1.89% A Plan.

Thanks,

BBB

World has what's called a "Defined Target Benefit Plan" or something to that effect. It involves a lot of math, and no one really fully understands it. It's entirely company funded, and more money is paid in the closer you get to retirement. With the new contract the retirement will likely be overhauled.

As far as the 747's go, I have heard nothing except speculation. We ARE getting at least 2 more MD-11s, however.

The 744F's are coming

A buddy of mine who attended the DC job fair just emailed me and told me that 2 744F's were coming our way later this year. I think this rumor is begining to take shape. I'll have to share this one with the folks here in KWI tonight at the barbeque.

Latest resources

Back