• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN buying some A gates in DEN....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I think OYS and his brother GL are annoying as everyone else, I disagree about Delta being scared ********************less. Y'all are just replacing another airline. In some ways it will help Delta (think removing Airtrans 1st class). This along with our merger, UALs, and whoever AA marries is good for all of us. Removes overlaping service, will lead to upgauged flying (more mainline, unless we puss out and allow more more outsourcing), more consistant profitability and hopefully pay back to a more respectable level for those of us that were raped in ch11. Not to sound like OYS and GL, but I don't see swa taking over slc, msp or dtw. I think we will coexist fine.

OYS,

I assume you've been through ATL lately, right? Your company is scared sh!tless that Southwest is on the way. This is going to be good.

RF

While I think OYS and his brother GL are annoying as everyone else, I disagree about Delta being scared ********************less. Y'all are just replacing another airline. In some ways it will help Delta (think removing Airtrans 1st class). This along with our merger, UALs, and whoever AA marries is good for all of us. Removes overlaping service, will lead to upgauged flying (more mainline, unless we puss out and allow more more outsourcing), more consistant profitability and hopefully pay back to a more respectable level for those of us that were raped in ch11. Not to sound like OYS and GL, but I don't see swa taking over slc, msp or dtw. I think we will coexist fine.

Thanks DAD for you comments. Maybe sometimes the truth HURTS. And NO, Delta isn't scared of Southwest at all. In fact, like OYS says, SWA is actually replacing a lower cost carrier with a higher cost one. That merger was expensive, and we all know SWA isn't always the cheapest carrier.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GK mentioned that to us once, that he envisioned us(SW) doing all the Delta Domestic flying and DELTA would do all the International, I thought he was crazy, turns out he may be genius... Of course it just gives another pilot group (Commuters) a reason to hate us... Maybe he plans to bid on the (Comair, ASA, Shuttle America, Air Timbuktu, Rubber Dog Poo out of Hong kong Airlines, etc.) commuter flying for DELTA anyone know when the contracts are up?

And before the MORONS get their feathers all wrinkled, (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), Why are you getting upset, you don't do the damn flying anyway! "Let the "little" guys do that, I only will fly widebodies to "International" destinations is all I've heard from the chief Moron for years! The "Little guys" airplanes are now as big as our 73's, the next step in the evolution is the 73's!

Don't hate the players, Hate the game!

Later,
KBB

Just NOT going to happen. We just ordered 100 739s, and we are getting every MD90 on the planet. Every 757 you see with winglets will be kept while the others will be replaced by those 739s. We will most likely take your 717s when you hand them back to Boeing, and they will become our "100 seater." If more consolidation occurs (very likely), other airlines with existing orders will help fill in for any other new domestic planes (just like you are doing with the Airtran 737-800 orders and options).

With gas prices still $100 a barrel and up, more and more RJs will probably go away when their expensive C or D checks come up, and that is how they will dwindle. (the 50 seaters first) The 717s would fit in well on routes that currently have 5 or 6 RJs a day, throw in 3 717s and that could work out nicely.

Sorry if you guys missed me over the past couple weeks. I had a really nice 12 day Asia trip that sent me back and forth from PDX and SFO to NRT a few times. But, it's good to be back in the mix. Happy New Year!

Bye Bye---General Lee

OYS,

I assume you've been through ATL lately, right? Your company is scared sh!tless that Southwest is on the way. This is going to be good.

RF

I just got back, and I don't know what you are talking about? You are wrong, again. And, it will be good, just like your fight in Salt Lake, Philadelphia, and Seattle as OYS points out. You haven't gained anything at those hubs, and lost at two of them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks DAD for you comments. Maybe sometimes the truth HURTS. And NO, Delta isn't scared of Southwest at all. In fact, like OYS says, SWA is actually replacing a lower cost carrier with a higher cost one. That merger was expensive, and we all know SWA isn't always the cheapest carrier.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What? Please enlighten me General.

You have seen the Delta ads about 'Your hometown airline' right? Why do you think allll of the sudden marketing started playing that card?

RF

What? Please enlighten me General.

You have seen the Delta ads about 'Your hometown airline' right? Why do you think allll of the sudden marketing started playing that card?

RF

Those ads were playing long before WN came into the mix. Apparently it was a play on the fact FL had chosen to keep HQ in MCO a while back.

I don't remember seeing them until after Sept. 2010. Even if it was earlier, they have completely ramped that program up with the complete wrapping of all airport vehicles within the last year.

I don't remember seeing them until after Sept. 2010. Even if it was earlier, they have completely ramped that program up with the complete wrapping of all airport vehicles within the last year.

It's called extra profits, about 4 times that of SWA. Get used to it.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Rumor is that the next Delta Contract we get to fly the narrow Body and the other Delta ( you) get to fly the wide bodies.

Dont get mad at me we are both on the same team. ( Both of our aircraft say DELTA on the side). Your passengers are mine, and my passengers are your.

Your rumor was whispered into your ear by the fuel truck driver in Saskatoon. Afterwards, you guys made out. Young love is cool for you. Put down the weed and start studying for your GED. Good luck duck!

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back