Will Flex open their bases soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
probably not but then again maybe.

Nobody really knows but everyone wants to.

As for pay. They're saying 56,132 if you work 15.5 days per bid period. However most of us are working 16 or more so you might make slightly more. This is without per diem, ot, holiday pay, etc...

I think it is unlikely that Flex will add bases soon. If you want to work for them, plan on moving to one of the four available.

Post raise pay for a first year FO working the standard 16 days/bid period will be around $58K plus per diem and overtime. Amount of OT available depends on your fleet - the 300 has lots. Remember, whether you get OT depends on your schedule. You need to be able to add the OT day at the start or end of an existing rotation.

Hourly OT (more than 12 in a day) is more common.

Future bases will not happen as DG is completely against it. If DG had his way he would make everyone move to Dallas.

I think it is unlikely that Flex will add bases soon. If you want to work for them, plan on moving to one of the four available.

Post raise pay for a first year FO working the standard 16 days/bid period will be around $58K plus per diem and overtime. Amount of OT available depends on your fleet - the 300 has lots. Remember, whether you get OT depends on your schedule. You need to be able to add the OT day at the start or end of an existing rotation.

Hourly OT (more than 12 in a day) is more common.

That attitude is what keeps the domiciles from expanding. Just take it or leave it. Flex has the worst domicile list of any fractional - even FLOPS has a better domicile policy. That's too bad because I am betting that even some of your pilots (or potential pilots) would like a West Coast base - Denver don't count... What about Chicago? What about Atlanta? Why should Denver be preferred over Chicago or Atlanta? All of those hubs could shuttle Flex crews around the country without much complexity or difference in cost - right? Yeah, the policy doesn't make much sense and I am sure some people are turned off and not applying.

That attitude is what keeps the domiciles from expanding.

nope, that attitude is exactly the one that will get us more bases. we will only open more bases if we have trouble hiring people. Until our charter rate increases due to lack of crews the company says they have no need to add more bases. why would they do something that will cost them money if they are getting plenty of applicants? that is exactly what they are saying.

So, I would rather that everybody goes to Netjets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back