• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why Pilots Don't Get Hired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Telling the interviewer when asked why didn't you fill out the job history on the application. "Hey this is a cargo outfit what does it matter?" He did not get a job offer, in fact the interview was over very soon.

Telling the interviewer when asked why didn't you fill out the job history on the application. "Hey this is a cargo outfit what does it matter?"

Thats a Good One!!!

What I dislike the most is "over persistence"

I used to manage a handful of Employee's in my old electronics business but I had beer in a vending machine and let them rattle the windows with rock music. but Due to a Labor And Industries claim (Solder Burn) they said no way to beer in workplace vending and made me provide ear plugs no one ever used them hahahaha..... Was a sad day few years later when I had to layoff everyone.... Gave them all 30 days pay and a and termination notice.

So,

If they could speak American and deliver their message with out rambling or beating around the bush that was a plus.

A biggie is the way the prospect was in person (Social) was a big factor if I hired them.

If their "in person" Social Demeanor would cause workplace or other conflict the door hit them in the rear and application and resume was shredded.

Other Things

Housing/Residence History

Stable = Bonus Points
Unstable = Questions! Better Have Answers Not Excuses! First Excuse Their Asked to Leave.

Credit Report & Public Record

Look At Employment History
Look At Judgments (Don't Want The Extra Work Of Garnishment Of Wages)
Look At Big Debt and Payment History I could care less about medical debt and a few other forms delinquencies, (If they cannot manage their money not gonna let them manage company's money)

Criminal History!

Self Explanatory

Latest resources

Back