Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why do pilots moan about a call from the Chief Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In aviation it is best to not come to the attention of the Chief Pilot. The Chief Pilot should need to introduce himself at your retirement dinner.

Chief pilots may have been part of the union PRIOR to taking the job but that's why there is a classification called "Management Inactive".

Don't EVER delude yourself into thinking that a Chief Pilot is part of the union. TC

When the chief pilot calls you, there's going to be one of three reasons for it.

1. You're being called in to do extra work.
2. You're about to get yelled at.
3. You're being furloughed.

Considering those three options, I for one would not ever want my chief to call me. And yes, I have had the chief at a previous employer call me and the result was number 3 on the list.

Why do pilots moan about calls from the Chief Pilot ? He's a part of the union as well.

I've never received a call from a Chief Pilot to tell me what a great job I was doing and have never heard of that happening. In fact the only call I've ever received from a Chief was "tell me what you know about this guy we're considering firing." "Uh, he's an a-hole.":rolleyes:

Why do pilots moan about calls from the Chief Pilot ? He's a part of the union as well.

Chief Pilot's are so far up Management's Backside that their breath smells like a Roid sandwich........... Bouyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Depends on the company and the particular Chief Pilot in question.

Either way, it's usually not a good thing and, sometimes, it can be the end of your career, especially if you have a fire-happy Chief Pilot.

There's an old saying: "He who calls the Chief Pilot first, wins."

It means, if you screw up badly enough, you're better off calling your Chief Pilot FIRST, giving him YOUR version of events, backing them up with whatever hard evidence you can come up with, and hoping for the best.

If someone ELSE calls the Chief Pilot and proceeds to make you look REALLY bad, if the Chief Pilot is one of "those" kinds, you'll end up being guilty before even having a chance to tell your side.

A Chief Pilot is a member of management, NOT a line pilot. BIG difference.

Tru Dat. Tru Lear duuude knowz da shizzle at da nizzle, dat fo sho!

Best, you be my dog man. You phinna come on here, and trip with all the ebonics and shizzle. If you eva in da hood, stop by my crib. I'm phinna chill watchin snoop in House Plane, kickin back with a bottle of 20/20.

Yaaaaaehhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Boyeeeeeeee!!!!!!

peace out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back