• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Who will be next?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Delta will only go for Alaska if it looks like someone else is going after them. If nobody makes a play for them, then I think Delta would prefer to do what they are doing.

I agree with you. But I don't see AK being left alone and I think Delta will have to step in to protect it's west coast feed.

Greyhound and Spirit have similar customer care policies and cater to the same demographic. They are a natural fit! Think of the connection and feed possibilities...

Airtran should be in the greyhound sweepstakes.

Maybe USAir will be split back up, then merged/sold seperatly

I agree with you. But I don't see AK being left alone and I think Delta will have to step in to protect it's west coast feed.

Agreed.

SWA is more likely interested in AAI. SWA already has a presence where ALK is, and they could just as easily grow into those makets to put the squeeze on, rather than pay top dollar.

OTOH, SWA is effectively locked out of ATL and it's envrions, and AAI would be a way of cracking that open.

The ALK west coast feed issue has the sharks swimming, though, no doubt about it. AMR wants payback for the JAL debacle (it's costing them dearly), and SWA wouldn't mind ALK if they can play spoiler.

I'm not sure what LCC offers up to anyone other than UAL. UAL needed the east coast presence, which CAL solves. CLT doesn't give anything to anyone that they don't already have, and all the huge players are already big out east, and they are already all big in Europe. PHX is a low yield haven.

There are rumors that ALK has a poison pill with DAL, but that solves nothing if someone is willing to pay the ticket.

Nu

WN and AS. WN could use the Int'l and ETOPS. Only way they could significantly increase revenue and presence. Nothing else compares. It could very well be a hostile takeover as well.

WN and AS. WN could use the Int'l and ETOPS. Only way they could significantly increase revenue and presence. Nothing else compares. It could very well be a hostile takeover as well.

I wonder if the WN pilots would proactively try to get the AS pilots to agree to a staple just like with F9... But hey, you'd be a SWA pilot!!!!!!

Alaska buys Airtran with Delta footing the bill. It gets Alaska on the East Coast a little more and gets Airtran out of Delta's back yard. And some how I end up still in the right seat for 10 more years.

Alaska buys Airtran with Delta footing the bill. It gets Alaska on the East Coast a little more and gets Airtran out of Delta's back yard. And some how I end up still in the right seat for 10 more years.
Oh, how I can hardly wait to wear that cool submarine commander uniform.
As for 10 more years as a FO, it will be more like 20 years because by then ALPA would have further bent over to the age 75 rule.

SWA buys JetBlue ....They get Boston which they are trickling into, JB is the largest domestic carrier there. They get JFK/LGA/HPN/EWR/STW, they already fly from LGA. In one move they get a total control of the largest aviation market in the world.

But wait there is more.....instant access to the whole Caribbean.

I think they will come knocking on JetBlue's door. They can't take it...No gates in BOS and slot limits in all of NY's big airports. They have also made no secret that they want in to San Juan PR and the Caribbean.

SWA-JBU, fleet types probably wouldn't work, sure FRNT had busses, but not quite as many.

Latest resources

Back