Which aircraft will give you a 7 & 7 sked sooner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Puck,

Given the choice, I would go for the X. They will be around longer and I think we're still getting more. And there's a comparable number of lines. The Ultra is slowly being replaced by the 400xp. And having an APU makes a big difference. Not sure what kind of choice you'll have though.

I'm not sure if it's still true but when I started 2 1/2 years ago, I bid the 7 & 7 while in indoc and got it. There's a ton of Captain's in the X and for a while any FO that wanted the 7 & 7 got it.

What other schedules are available? What sched has the least days off between tours? Does the current contract specify min days off between tours?

Thanks

Just want to say thanks for the intel Grizz,Flyfish,CE750Driver,DaveFlyer,Line4flying

Hope to meet you all on the line

da90drivr said:
What other schedules are available? What sched has the least days off between tours? Does the current contract specify min days off between tours?

Thanks

Three schedules are currently available. 7 & 7, 17 day and the Flex.

7 & & is just as is says - 7 days on followed by 7 days off. Start days are Tuesday and Sunday. Tuesday tends to go senior and Sunday junior. Bidable 7 & 7 lines are done each quarter. Lines that have off weeks during major holidays go senior.

17 Day - you will be scheduled for 17 days of work during the month. A month is usually broken up in a 5 day tour combined with two 6 day tours. Days off between tours vary from 2 to 5 usually. Some folks do get more frequent, shorter tours. The scheduled lines are not bidable (in violation of our current contract) and are assigned by schedulers in each fleet. You know your schedule for the coming month by the 15th of each month.

Flex - The flexible schedule. You are normally scheduled to be available for work 19 days in any given month. They can work you two addtional days in that month without additional pay. This schedule pays more money than either the 17 Day or the 7 & 7.

This one functions differently than the others in that you don't know what your work schedule will be for each day until the night before. You can be gone generally up to 8 days in a row. Most guys are finding that recently, the Flex is working guys 17,18,19 or more days a month.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
On your Six,

No, I received the call for a interview and current gouge tells me that they ask you at the interview if you have a perference of a/c. Not that your going to get it. But, alot of guys have received what they asked for. You know how that works. I'm just preparing myself for the question, if in fact it is asked.

Thanks

PUCKFA18 said:
On your Six,

No, I received the call for a interview and current gouge tells me that they ask you at the interview if you have a perference of a/c. Not that your going to get it. But, alot of guys have received what they asked for. You know how that works. I'm just preparing myself for the question, if in fact it is asked.

Thanks

Go for the X if offered. Sure, you'll work a lot as Grizz says, but with your fighter background, you'll appreciate the speed...

Heavy Set said:
Go for the X if offered. Sure, you'll work a lot as Grizz says, but with your fighter background, you'll appreciate the speed...
Well, if you are going to bid the X based on it's speed, you may be very disappointed. All cats are grey below 10,000' and it's very hard to tell .15 difference in Mach number flying straight and level at FL450. You won't be flying a business jet like a fighter doing loops and barrel roles either. The people who appreciate the speed are the ones in the back paying to get from LAX-IAD in 3+35hrs VS. 5+15hrs. Sorry Heavy, not trying to bash you but the definition of appreciation can vary.

Latest resources

Back