Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When you are bored, waiting in an FBO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

notaNJApilot

...what would you like to be doing?

[FONT=&quot]I am writing a paper on FBO improvements for a class I'm taking. I'm not a pilot, so I'm hoping to get suggestions from those of you who are constantly waiting around in an FBO, whether it is waiting for flight lessons, waiting around for your pax to return from a meeting so you can fly them home, etc.

If you were in charge, what amenities would the FBO have on hand for you, and would you be willing to pay a fee for any of them?

Assume your FBO has nothing. So include things like a couch, bed, tv, wireless internet, etc that you would like to remain in the FBO.

Thanks in advance for your input.
[/FONT]

Every FBO needs to have high capacity toilets, good toilet paper, a nice sink/basin, and sound proof bathroom, or a very quiet one, and a high power fan.

This is totally serious response:

Go to a good truck stop chain (like Flying J or Travel Centers of America) and see what they have for the truckers. That's what I want at an FBO when I'm waiting, just a little nicer of course.

Lounge
TVs (multiple)
Food
Internet (wi-fi and a pay-per-minute kiosk when I didn't bring my laptop).
Large RR w/ full walls and doors for the stalls
"Pilot" shop
Weather monitors?
Showers/ in some cases beds

AND A CREW CAR OR TWO. These are becoming rarer and rarer these days. Yeah, I'd be willing to put a 5-spot down or so for the use of your car for a few hours. Probably not much more than that, though.

Last edited:
Decent food instead of the wheels of death. 5.oo for a big azz burger or whatever theyre called

1) "Quiet rooms" that actually are! Soundproofing and good ventilation matter.

2) Dedicated flight planning area with weather/internet terminals and printers that are functional most of the time. Separate system available when the primary is broken or otherwise unservicable. An IFR high altitude wall planning chart is a nice touch.

Best,

charter dog said:
1) "Quiet rooms" that actually are! Soundproofing and good ventilation matter.
tell me about it. the "snooze room" at Jet Aviation TEB is adjacent to the work out room. they do kickboxing to music on wednesday mornings. arrrrhg!

Wireless internet so I can watch my Slingbox (with headphones of course) and a "Quiet Room" with a cell phone blocker so window-lickers can't chat away on their cell phones while I'm trying to sleep.

Satellite/Cable with premium channels. Sunday night, no sopranos=poopy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back