When to start sending my resume?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BcPilot99

I am a full time college student with 1080TT and about 120 multi.. I am wanting to get with a regional when I graduate, but the question I have is when to start sending my resume out to regionals? I have a few friends that fly for regionals who told me to send them out at the end of this month and ask for a may class date. What do you all think?

Thanks,
BC

I wouldn't send them out until you are closer to graduation. I have had a lot of friends in the same situation as you and it seemed to work out better for those that sent them out a few months before they were done with school. The regional that you get hired by now may not be the best one to work for come May '07. Your in college, your only concern right now should be trying to get some strange.....

cybourg10 said:
I wouldn't send them out until you are closer to graduation. I have had a lot of friends in the same situation as you and it seemed to work out better for those that sent them out a few months before they were done with school. The regional that you get hired by now may not be the best one to work for come May '07. Your in college, your only concern right now should be trying to get some strange.....

Word.

Sending out resumes or filling out applications? If it is the former, do it now. If the latter, 3-6 months prior to graduation. State on your application that your availability date will coincide with your graduation date. If they are worth working for, they will understand. If they aren't, it wouldn't be good.

Your multi time is low, are you eligible for any bridge programs? Airlines will set a bar for qualifications, but they can bend their own limits anytime they desire. State in your resume or application what you are doing to build time.

Good luck and safe flying!

Anytime would be good. State in your letter that you are getting more multi-time to get some more experience. Do anything you can to get a little more. Good luck.

Both Airlines i have worked at had me in a class within 1 month of mailing in my resume. Granted in both cases the airline was hurting for pilots bad. Wory about it when finals are done, then look for the company hireing like mad and apply. Keep building time and studying for the interview untill then.

BcPilot99 said:
I am wanting to get with a regional when I graduate...
Thanks,
BC

I am wanting to get with your avatar.

Send out about 2 months prior, that is what I did. It worked. Tell them during the interview your situation also, they will respect that you want to finish school, and if they don't you would not want to work there anyway.
Apply to everyone, let them tell you no!
Good luck

P2J

BcPilot99 said:
I am a full time college student with 1080TT and about 120 multi.. I am wanting to get with a regional when I graduate, but the question I have is when to start sending my resume out to regionals? I have a few friends that fly for regionals who told me to send them out at the end of this month and ask for a may class date. What do you all think?

Thanks,
BC

Lets be honest here. Your times off Microsoft flight sim really don't count. And technically speaking, taking an aerobics class at the YMCA does not really make you a "full time college student". Also, you can't claim your cats as a knowledgeable group of "friends".

On the upside, non of these factors disqualify you from a glorious career with a regional airline. My advise, get proficient flying your Extra 300 under the Golden Gate Bridge and once you've gotten the hang of Tae Bo, start sending out resumes. Good Luck!!

Latest resources

Back