Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jeepman

Obssesed with JEEP's
Can anyone from Mesa explain when Freedom is going away? It seems like they are getting more flights from PHX to TUS and now they are flying the 900? I know that Freedom is supposedly going away, but when are the MESA guys gonna fly the 70 & 90 seat RJ's & send the Free-dumb guys to the 1900's?

The hold-up right now is with the Fed's. While the pilot group has been integrated contractually, the operations manuals, training programs, etc all have to be merged with the approval of the FAA and they don't seem to be in too big a hurry.

The latest rumors say that after the next 2 700's, the rest will be delivered to Mesa not Freedom as will the rest of the 900's. I bet the truth is sometime later this year or early next year it should all be done.

I have heard that those Freedum CRJ-700 Captains will not be sent to the 1900 because of the initial cost of training and typing them on the CRJ70. But, they will be junior FO's on the plane FOREVER---and current 1900 FO's will upgrade to Capt on the CRJ70-90's before they will. Their career progression will be very very slow.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: :p

Gonna get what they deserve

General Lee said:
and current 1900 FO's will upgrade to Capt on the CRJ70-90's before they will. Their career progression will be very very slow.

As it should be....

Jeep Man .....

but when are the MESA guys gonna fly the 70 & 90 seat RJ's & send the Free-dumb guys to the 1900's?

What do you have against the 1900?

I'm pretty sure it's because of the better pay, equipment, F/A's, and the LAV!!!

Latest resources

Back